Household Cavalry Mess

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Exwing17, Apr 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good Evening all,

I am going through my officer application at the moment, and mentioned to my ACA that I was interested in the Household Cavalry. He asked me if I had a private income; which I don't, and then informed me that most officers in HCav do not live off their army salary.

I'm slightly confused as to how this would affect the officer's mess? Are there some unseen charges that I haven't heard about? Or is it essential for all officers in the HCav to own Bentleys?
  2. Yawn........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  3. You have already failed. Use of the internet is distinctly infra dig.
  4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

It's a complete myth and there have been countless threads on this before. I'm guessing your ACA is not a Household Division officer.
  5. cpunk - He isn't from the Household Division no. Thanks for the straight up answer. Sorry about the repeat topic, i'm new to this forum, so feel free to delete the thread if you wish.

I would have thought that turning officers into guitar wielding pop stars was infra dig as well!

6. This has been done on here before.

A private income is not necessary to be a Guards or Cavalry occifer. Sounds like your recruiting nonce is some way wide of the mark and probably never actually lived or properly worked with Guards or Cav.