House to rent in Kent.

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by k13eod, Jun 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Two bedroom 1960's semi-detached "chalet" style house in quiet cul-de-sac available for rent from end of the year.

This house is an ex MQ bought by me back in 1996 under the excess MQ sales scheme (no, it wasn't just the QM that bought 'em!). The house was rented until 2003 when I moved in to find it trashed. Months of renovation and extension took place at great expense (around 70k) to get the house immaculate.

Originally 3 bedroom, I changed it to two to offer a massive master bedroom with two built in double wardrobes (this can be converted back quite quickly if third room required. The second bedroom is also a double. The bathroom boasts a Jacuzzi style shower bath and the shower is supplied from a pump not a mixer unit.

I have had an entrance porch built at the front of the house and the rest of the downstairs is open plan with a 4m extension added to the rear. The kitchen is 7m long, fully fitted and will come with fridge freezer, washing machine, tumble drier and dishwasher.

House will come with all light fittings and curtain rails.

The front garden is gated and walled with beds containing well establish shrubs giving privacy. The majority of the front is patterned concrete (next to no maintenance) and allows off road parking for two cars. There are double gates at the side of the house with a well constructed car port the length of the building offering under cover parking for another two cars (I’ve kept two jags in there!) or can be used for storage/gym area. The car port has lighting and electric.

The rear garden is south facing and consists of 1/3rd decking, 1/3rd grass and 1/3rd shed. There is a green house with shelving and it’s own water supply as well as a well established pond wire for lighting, filter and pumps (which will remain if tenant wishes to take on fish!). The garden is lined with trees and shrubs giving privacy from neighbours. The shed is L shaped and divided 1/3rd as separate storage (with shelving) and/or workshop and 2/3rd office/garden house and will come with desk and office units. the whole shed is insulated and we have used it on occasion for accom.

The house is located in the Singlewell (DA12) area of Gravesend less than 2 minutes off the A2. Ebbsfleet international station is 4.8 miles away with Eurostar service to Paris and Brussels and SE fast service to London (St Pancras) in 19 minutes. Also fast service to seaside areas east of Gravesend (Ramsgate, Margate etc). 7.8 miles to Bluewater shopping centre and 9.2 miles to Dartford crossing. Easy and quick access via A2/M2 to ports.

The area now has excellent cycle routes since the realignment of the A2 and great walks. 5 minutes and you're across the A2 into country lanes, orchards and country parks (Shorne, Jeskyns) and excellent country pubs … although there is also a pub 5 minutes walk away.

Excellent quiet area with very little problems or crime. The street still has around about 10 ex forces personnel living in it which makes for a very effective neighbourhood watch as well as a great social circle. Which is why I am advertising on ARRSE for a tenant as I want someone who will appreciate the house/area and also someone who will fit in with neighbours.

Needs to be viewed to be appreciated. Looking for £850 pcm which is a bargain considering access to London, the country side and the coast.

2. You might want to change your location details first......

3. I could but I would also want my new tenants to have a sense of humour!

4. Good plan- Rent it and don't tell the tenants where it is. Sneaky!

5. Tell us more about the shed...

6. ... huge

7. Is it the one that I used to letch at JG's daughter from?

8. As a resident of the parish I know it well, very nice area/houses ,during 1st Gulf war I did my bit as a serving stab, by keeping one of the au pairs you hired occupied during for 3 or 4 hours off she was allowed. She was french but was the best girlfriend I ever had sadly after she used me and been posted on I got the "Dear John/Jean"letter.
    I think my firm supplied the readymixed you or your neighbour had, luckily I think that day we may have put some cement in the concrete.
    Good luck

9. All before my time sadly ... but if I see the French maiden around I will pass on your fond memories!

10. Discount on the rent for Ex servidces then I take it, say around 25%?

11. I'll give it some thought.

Thought about it ... no.