House of Commons - TA Debate - Monday 26th October

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by OldSnowy, Oct 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Just to let everyone know that Mark Lancaster MP (And RE(V)) has secured an adjournment debate on the TA. It will take place on Monday afternoon.

These debates do not often lead to changes of policy, but they are great opportunities to bring something to greater public awareness - and are often used to embarrass one party or another.

I would advise all those who have been bumping their gums here on ARRSE to e-mail their MP ASAP and ask that they attend - and also include some pithy (and factual) experiences of your own. There is nothing an MP likes more than to quote a 'brave constituent'.

This is already proving to be a massive case of egg on face for the Government, and pressure on the MOD (and Land) to change things is increasing. If this debate is well attended, we could see changes - nd fast, too.

2. msr

msr LE

3. Done, come on fellas get emailling, democracy in action etc!

4. Any pointers for the content of the letter ? Its not something I've had to do before

5. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Dear Thieving Git,

Get your arrse down to the commons where you are meant to be and do something worthwhile for a change you slack jack.

Yours Aye

S_R

6. msr

msr LE

Just mention how long you have been in the TA, what you have done, how you have benefited and what impact 5 months of unpaid training will have on you and your fellow soldiers. You may like to comment on the effect it may have on the perception of UK's standing globally.

msr

7. Done. This is the second e-mail to my MP this week! :D

8. Thank you msr

9. Done.

Mind you, my MP is such a whorkshy tw-at that I doubt he remembers where the Houses of Parliament are.

10. msr

msr LE

I trust you added 'if you want my vote next time....' ;)

msr

11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Sent - My man is DUP so perhaps he'll do a bit of Colonel Collins style oratory...

12. Just to emphasis this, the All Party Reserve Forces Group is meeting with the Armed Forces Minister ahead of Monday evening's debate.

Many of the MPs and peers on the APRFG are current / ex TA and would be delighted to hear from you and address your concerns with Min AF.

Membership of the group is online here: APRFG membership

Alternatively, I can feed information / useful points in to the group if you are happy to PM me...

13. Would send a letter, but since she's a worthless money-grubbing witch who's already had a breakdown after being rumbled for £22,000 of repairs to a house that's 80 miles from Westminster and 95 from her constituency (and isn't standing next year, so I wouldn't even have that threat), I think I'd get a more worthwhile result pissing into the wind.

Good luck to everyone getting in touch with your respective MPs though... let's hope something productive comes out of it.

14. Done - email sent.

Let's see what happens

15. done - lets make them work for their pennies instead of just claiming them on expenses....