House of Commons - TA Debate - Monday 26th October

OldSnowy

LE
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#1
Just to let everyone know that Mark Lancaster MP (And RE(V)) has secured an adjournment debate on the TA. It will take place on Monday afternoon.

These debates do not often lead to changes of policy, but they are great opportunities to bring something to greater public awareness - and are often used to embarrass one party or another.

I would advise all those who have been bumping their gums here on ARRSE to e-mail their MP ASAP and ask that they attend - and also include some pithy (and factual) experiences of your own. There is nothing an MP likes more than to quote a 'brave constituent'.

This is already proving to be a massive case of egg on face for the Government, and pressure on the MOD (and Land) to change things is increasing. If this debate is well attended, we could see changes - nd fast, too.
 
#3
Done, come on fellas get emailling, democracy in action etc!
 
#5
polar69 said:
Any pointers for the content of the letter ? Its not something I've had to do before
Dear Thieving Git,

Get your arrse down to the commons where you are meant to be and do something worthwhile for a change you slack jack.

Yours Aye

S_R
 
#6
Just mention how long you have been in the TA, what you have done, how you have benefited and what impact 5 months of unpaid training will have on you and your fellow soldiers. You may like to comment on the effect it may have on the perception of UK's standing globally.

msr
 
#8
msr said:
Just mention how long you have been in the TA, what you have done, how you have benefited and what impact 5 months of unpaid training will have on you and your fellow soldiers. You may like to comment on the effect it may have on the perception of UK's standing globally.

msr
Thank you msr
 
#9
Done.

Mind you, my MP is such a whorkshy tw-at that I doubt he remembers where the Houses of Parliament are.
 
#10
I trust you added 'if you want my vote next time....' ;)

msr
 

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#11
Sent - My man is DUP so perhaps he'll do a bit of Colonel Collins style oratory...
 
#12
Just to emphasis this, the All Party Reserve Forces Group is meeting with the Armed Forces Minister ahead of Monday evening's debate.

Many of the MPs and peers on the APRFG are current / ex TA and would be delighted to hear from you and address your concerns with Min AF.

Membership of the group is online here: APRFG membership

Alternatively, I can feed information / useful points in to the group if you are happy to PM me...
 
#13
Would send a letter, but since she's a worthless money-grubbing witch who's already had a breakdown after being rumbled for £22,000 of repairs to a house that's 80 miles from Westminster and 95 from her constituency (and isn't standing next year, so I wouldn't even have that threat), I think I'd get a more worthwhile result pissing into the wind.

Good luck to everyone getting in touch with your respective MPs though... let's hope something productive comes out of it.
 
#16
Badgertastic said:
Would send a letter, but since she's a worthless money-grubbing witch who's already had a breakdown after being rumbled for £22,000 of repairs to a house that's 80 miles from Westminster and 95 from her constituency (and isn't standing next year, so I wouldn't even have that threat), I think I'd get a more worthwhile result pissing into the wind.
Pretty much what he said. Except mine is Joyce. The TA would get more help from Mullah Omar.
 
#17
My MP is Hazel Blears, I've e-mailed her, but as we all know she a corrupt work shy b!tch I shan't hold my breath!
 
#18
81cufc said:
My MP is Hazel Blears, I've e-mailed her, but as we all know she a corrupt work shy b!tch I shan't hold my breath!
She still has an obligation to represent her constituents and may well enjoy putting the boot into GB ;)

msr
 
#19
I'm not a TA bod, but i note with interest my MP is a member (in more than one meaning of the word) of APRFG. Shall drop the sponging, thieving scum ball a line. Not that it will make any difference here, put a monkey in a red rossette and it's a shoe in up here. Never mind, all the best to the TA guys and girls out there.
 
#20
P2000 said:
Just to emphasis this, the All Party Reserve Forces Group is meeting with the Armed Forces Minister ahead of Monday evening's debate.

Many of the MPs and peers on the APRFG are current / ex TA and would be delighted to hear from you and address your concerns with Min AF.

Membership of the group is online here: APRFG membership
Their report, here, is interesting reading. They've clearly taken more time and a much less blinkered view than we've seen from many other quarters.
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top