House hold cavelry

its great just make sure you join the life guards and NOT the :puker: blues

Detmold when you in the Life guards?

Hi I was wondering just out of interest in The Household Cavalry there are two Regiments, The Life Guards and The Blues And Royals. Do both of these perform ceremonial duties? Is there any way that you can request not to? lol. I like the job description in the The Household Cavalry apart from the ceremonial side. Cheers in advance for any constructive replies.

mongbwalu said:
wb_paratrooper said:
Hey i was just wondering what its like in the cavelry, life etc can anyone help me as i want to make a choice the royal navy or cavelry.
Combine the two - ride a hippo.
If he joins the army in any shape or form he'll be riding hippos at some point in his career!

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
SmithsRail said:
Hi I was wondering just out of interest in The Household Cavalry there are two Regiments, The Life Guards and The Blues And Royals. Do both of these perform ceremonial duties? Is there any way that you can request not to? lol. I like the job description in the The Household Cavalry apart from the ceremonial side. Cheers in advance for any constructive replies.
Both do Ceremonial duty a Squadron from each Regiment at Knightsbridge with a mixed Headquarters to form the HCMR (Mounted Regiment). I managed 14 happy years in the Armoured Regiment first Blues and Royals and then as part of HCR. It wasnt easy dodging a posting to HCMR but it was possible. I suspect it might not be an option now as at one point all new recruits went to London. My info is out of date though and with the current operational commitments this may no longer be the case. Speak to you local recruiting office, but remember join the unit you want to not the unit they want you to join. There is a big difference, they have quotas to fill and will sell you all sorts of tripe. Stick to your guns and dont be deflected. That goes for any unit even if you dont choose HCR in the end.