Hounslow Barracks / Cheap Car Parking near Heathrow Airport

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Pasty Boy, Dec 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Christmas is coming and , as I am jetting off to the sun with the wife, I need somewhere cheap to park my car near to Heathrow.

A few years ago I used to leave my car at Hounslow Barracks' 'airport parking facility' at the bargin cost of £1 per day (going towards the ABF). However when I last enquired in 2005, the resident regiment (1 WFR - ?) has changed the policy and had stopped people using it.

Does anyone know if this policy has changed? Who is the resident unit now? Any other cheap ideas?

Or should I just leave my car down a back-street and hope for the best - after all that what some of the parking firms do supposedly.
  2. Around the corner is Beavers Estate. If you drive around it, look for Sable Close. At the back of Sable Close is a small parking area that is hardly used, and your car SHOULD be fine.
  3. I used it just a few weeks back, Called before hand and left the car there for a week. no probs.
  5. Muzzle_brake or anyone else: which Regiment is there now and do you have a phone number?
  6. Does anyone know if it's still possible to park here when using heathrow?
  7. You don't like PatsyBoy then. It's not used for a reason.
  8. I used it a couple of years ago to park the car for army/navy weekend. I think it was the fusiliers there then. I called the guardroom a couple of days before and they squared me away. I think I gave them a cheque for 20 quid because it was going to the ABF.
  9. Its 1WG based there currently, use the MOD operator to get a contact number for enquiries