hounding of MPs over expense claims a form of torture

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by maguire, May 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

...according to MP Nadine Dorries on BBC News just now.

er, no love. waterboarding is torture. having your fingernails ripped off with pliers is torture. getting caught committing expenses fraud, and then being rightfully asked to account for it, is not torture. and if you still disagree I'm sure there are more than a few of the electorate right now who would quite happily give you a practical demonstration of the differences between them.
    you greedy, troughing, whining cow.

covered here as well - http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/may/22/mps-expenses-conservatives

and for some reason, her blog seems to be down at the moment. ho-hum.

2. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Dorries was bleating about MPs being on suicide watch. Now theres a merry thought.

3. The torygraph has just stated that the whistleblower was an ex-SAS officer.

(Just seen it on Sky News ticker tape thingy)

4. I think we should send her on a fact-finding mission to Guantanamo Bay or the like. Just so that she can compare for herself how it feels to be tortured with how it feels to be outed as a greedy, trough-swilling hypocrit.

In the public interest, of course.

5. If there are MPs on suicide watch, I want to watch and make sure they do it right and then they can relieve us of their pension burdens.

Edited for crap composition

6. Now thats reality TV worth watching!!!!!!!!!!!

7. I'll pay money to watch that

8. I note the venal bitch's website has developed a mysterious but convenient 404 error.

Fcuking dry up woman - you cheated, you got caught, now you pay

Good

9. I really did think this episode would have washed over by now - But I'm delighted to see that it hasn't. Perhaps it will give MPs some perspective and toughen them up.

Besides, if you think this is bad, try six months in the desert.

10. XV179

I'm sure a few MP's dodgy expense claims could have kitted out the full fleet.
    Still, must be torture, being an MP and all :roll:

11. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

It is more important to clear moats and avoid capital gains tax than it is to prevent the avoidable death of mere servicemen and women.

Ladies and Gentlemen; the answer is in your hands at the forthcoming election yet we all know that Farnham will return a Conservative and Doncaster a Labour candidate even if they had they been convicted of child buggery because the majority of the population are politically closed minded and stupid.

12. Bo Hooo the stupid cow, wheres the webley, these stupid people just dont seem to get that they have done anything wrong

13. Overly harsh. I'd say they'd had the idea that voting could change anything in government apart from names ground out of them over the past thirty years or so.

I'd still be very surprised if they did actually turn out and kick the big 3 where it hurts, though...

14. Seldom have I read something on this site with which I so heartily agree! :clap:

15. She's certainly not doing herself any favours. A key skill in politics is knowing exactly when to keep your mouth shut - a skill that Nad is yet to master.

Meanwhile, the 'torture' continues. A bloke from London has just tried to start a private prosecution against Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, for breaching the Fraud Act.

You'll have to look hard to find the story on the BBC so here is a handy link.

Naturally, the district judge told the applicant where to go. No chance of a High Court gig for the judge if he allows private prosecution of government ministers. Apparently, the applicant can only obtain a private summons if the Met Police refuse to investigate Jacqui. Democracy in action.