Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Anyone else been having trouble with Hotmail today? Or is it just me? Can't recieve or send, and messages on hotmail site indicate a problem.

2. Running ok here - What client are you using ? I know hotmail itself was winding down/changing to Windows Live but can't remember the details

3. old_fat_and_hairy

4. Just looked at my Win 7 setup -it's playing up today as well with no access but my trusty XP machine is still going in no probs using Windows Live Mail. Checked the boards and there does seem to be an issue with Microsoft Mail clients generaly.

5. I had an issue last night when accessing it through browsers, but today its ok. They have probably been hacked or maybe their transfer to make it all outlook went tits up.

6. Just sent a test message and working OK for me on Windows 7 and accessing Hotmail and other accounts via Windows Live Mail .

7. Cabana - Microsoft ? Tits Up due to an upgrade / sys modification ? Perish the thought .....

....Wanders of wheezing and chuckling

8. My Hotmail works fine on the phone, but not on the lappy.

It keeps giving me a blue screen of death, logging me out of everything, re-starting itself and I have to log back into everything.

Sent from my pink lappy, in the living room.

I have no idea what "client" I'm using, but whatever it is, they are not paying me enough.

9. Haha, The microsoft solution will sort it all out...AKA reboot

10. old_fat_and_hairy

Seems to be back and working now

11. there was a shed load of microsfot updates today. might have something to do with it !

12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Oh shit - does that mean it will take half an hour to close down and when I restart it will all be fecked up?

13. more than likely! mine just took half hour to install 33 updates ! seems to be working now though

14. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Seems to happen to me a lot on an XP lappy. Doesn't send or receive, through the browser. Phone seems to always update though.