Hotels in Belfast

Discussion in 'Travel' started by redshift, Jun 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey fellas,

Can anyone please recommend a hotel/ B&B in Belfast? For 1 night, preferably in/ near city center - has to be with parking. Any input appreciated.

2. The Europa's pretty central. A few of the girls from work stayed in the Radisson after our Christmas do and apparently it's very nice too.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Stormont Hotel on the main Bus route. Waste of time driving in you'll never get parked.

• Like Like x 1
  4. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Days hotel. Just off GT Vic St. Jury's hotel if its your money in city centre. There's the Merchant or Fitzwilliam s if you're spending someone else's money, a lot of someone else's money.
    Europa surprisingly good for a pint of Guinness. Crown bar now a Nicholson's bar, beer and food is at an all time low. Now catering for tourists-Robinson s can get pretty chuckie. Apartment is pretty grown up for people in suits.
    Garrick, worth a pint. Remodelled kitchen also. Grub morning star. Worth a look as in '**** me how did they paint that' Cafe Vaudeville.
    Really good food food Ginger Bistro and Deans Bedford St. Coffee good in water stones, next (franchised out). Cafe Nero used to be OK
    Clements for coffee seems to be a winner.

Holiday inn university St areas a bit of a grip.
    Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 3
  5. While on the topic, can anyone recommend one in Dublin? The reason I was asking for parking is that I am doing sort of a "road trip" from Belfast to Dublin (and around) so do need a car....

6. Forgot to add: I am spending my own money.

7. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

See if Jury's are doing any sort of deal. There's a secure car park at the rear of the Belfast one. And I'm almost sure the Dublin one has car parking albeit a multi storey next door

Good luck driving around Belfast its a complete bastard these days. We've discovered bus lanes

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

8. Discovered bus lane that's a fecking understatement. I thought that Bus lane restrictions were only in force during rush hours that fecker by the courts and the back of City hall is a hightmare.

9. Try the Bewleys hotel in Ballsbridge or Leopardstown , cheap with car parking and no more than ten minutes away from the city centre

10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

11. Thanks guys - appreciate it.

12. Grand Central Hotel used to be good

13. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1