Hotel Bomb in Jordan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bomb_Doctor, Nov 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not one hotel - but 3 so far!

2. Odd choice of target if they were after Iraqi western contractors - I usually stay in the Grand Hyatt because the clients are mostly Arab businessmen, whilst the high-visibility contractors are usually lined up at the bar at the xx and yy hotels elsewhere.

3. According to news reports a wedding reception was taking place at the Raddison. The Jordanian groom bride lost both their Father and their Father in law in the blast. How tragic is that?

The groom is quoted 'This attack has nothing to do with the Islam faith'. Well said.

Let the perpetrators of these terrible acts rot in hell

4. bit of an own goal methinks. a shame as having worked and visited Jordan it is a lovely country and the people very friendly towards westerners. i stayed in the Le Meridien when there last. i knew of a hotel 10 mins walk away that was full of ex pats and US embassy staff. maybe the one your talking about 4(T)?

5. God alone knows what was going on - Jordanians have denied any warning was received, someone or other claims an Israeli official delegation staying in one of them got a headsup from the Jordanians, the Palestinian DMI was killed in one of them...all very spooky. I'm going with the simple option - it's the Iraqi insurgents' deep operations cell.

6. One american confirmed killed others injured. Also killed were 3 PLA officers, PRC not happy right now with al Qaeda.

7. Jesus, imagine the conspiracy theories this one will throw off...

8. Two top Palestinian officers were also killed a Major General Bashir Nafeh - military intel and Col. Abed Allun of Preventive Security.