Hot Weather Boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Wobblyhead, Jun 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm after a pair of Hot Weather Boots, in Black, not Sand.

Does anybody have any advice on which are decent, and which are a load of old to$$. I have tried the issued Jungle Boots, and they just hurt my delicate feet :( . I have also tried Magnums, but they fell apart at the first sign of work.

Do Lowa or any of the other decent boot manufacturers make HW Boots - and not charge the earth?

Cheers

Wob

2. Well you must have very delicate feet then! The US pattern jungle boots are very comfortable once they're broken in. If you're desperate to seperate yourself from a lot of money, then I expect you'll find something, but my feeling is that issue jungle boots are as good as you're going to get.

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Have a look at the Jungle MicroLite from Altberg.

4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Wobbly you big homo.

Are your issue jungle boots the correct size? US sizes are one above UK ( eg US 10 = UK 9 ) They also come in 5 width fittings.

Proboot made an issue hot weather boot with NiTrax soles, but I don't know if they are still on issue. The Altbergs mentioned above will probably be your best choice, but start saving or see me for a discount ;)

www.altberg.co.uk

5. The Altberg factory and seconds outlet is just up the road from Catterick some goo deals can be had on nearly perfect seconds.

Dave