Hot Pepper Sauce

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Mr_Fingerz, Sep 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Good evening folks, I have just polished off a light supper of pork pie, salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, and a bottle of Gaymers Devon Medium Cider.

Normally, I would have used a decent mustard with the pork pie, but following Mrs_F's recent reorganisation of the pantry, I couldn't find any.

So, I grabbed my trusty bottle of Encona, and was about to set about my tea when I remembered that I had in my posession a bottle of Angry Lime Pepper sauce from Whynothot Products.

Time for a taste test.

Encona. Ingredients: Habenero and Scotch Bonnets and assorted stabilisers, thickeners, mustard and vinegar.

Angry Lime. Ingredients: Lime Juice, Lime Zest, Sugar, Scotch Bonnets, Bhut Jolokia, peaches, and vinegar.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner. And it's the Angry Lime. My bottle says "use by 30/11/11". I fear that any bacterium getting within a mile of this stuff is dead.

It's hotter than a very big bag of very hot things, manufactured in a factory that only makes the hottest things in the multiverse.

That's a very big gold star from me.
  2. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Encona is for girls. These days I make my own out of blended chilis (home grown Dorset Nagas, Scotch Bonnets, Cheyenne, Fresno and Numex Twighlight), a splash of vinegar and a pinch of salt and sugar.

The result is not unlike tabasco, but with a lot more punch. A lot more.
  3. People who eat hot spicy things because they are hot and spicy are wierd!

You can't taste anything except the sauce, why not just boil some cardboard and pour your vile mixtures all over that and eat it - the result would be much the same..
  4. I rather like louisiana Habenero sauce however I'm trying to find something with a bigger kick. Any ideas?
  5. [​IMG]
  6. Daves Gourmet Ghost Pepper sauce is a cheeky little number. Tescos stock it, its £6 for a bottle. It will last you a while as its so bloody hot. But it does taste very good with cheese on toast.
  7. Cheers Scratch, will give that a go
  8. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

9. That must be why I like spicy food then, as most of the time I'm a right miserable git.
  10. Do you have any tips for growing chillies?

At the moment I have a plant which is flowering constantly but producing very few mature fruit. I've replanted it in a larger pot, fed it, watered it and short of giving it head, treat it very well.
  12. Tattie, I had the same problem, as long as they have plenty of light and sun, the fruit will appear, once they do, it's a nightmare trying to stop it though
  13. get yourself on e-bay and search for chilli focus its a feed designed specially for chillie plants
    i used it this year on two of my plants to compare and one of them has grown to 5ft tall and has shit loads of fruit on it!
  14. What sort of chillies are you growing and are the few you manage to get particularly hot?
  15. Just messaged whynothot and am awaiting a product list. I am quite excited by this as they are just down the road from me. When I was based in Suffolk I used to visit this place called the Chilli Company. They used to grow loads of varieties and make a lot of different sauces, some of which were quite good although the restaurant was a bit rubbish though.