Hot Fuzz

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Run_Charlie!, Feb 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Come on, someone must have gone to see it last night ;)

Any good?

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

the review in one of the magazines gave it a thumbs up. but to me the advertisements look crap (apart from the ice cream scene). so an honest opinion would be welcome

3. Went to see it last night and I have to say that it is at least as good as Shaun of the Dead. Definitely worth going to see. Also has a massive all-star cast includig Bill Bailey and Timothy Dalton.

dep

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

cheers dep

5. Trailers look good and made me laugh, i hope its better than Shaun of the dead i found that about as funny as cancer.

6. Just got back from watching it in Guildford and it was a very funny film. Not a plot that I was expecting, but very very good. Some awesome oneliners

"It's OK Andy, It's just Bolognese"

Go see it.

7. Must have been co-scripted by a real copper. More documentary than comedy in parts. Very funny. Go see

8. Went to see it and it is really good with some true British comedy in it.

9. Saw this yesterday, great film and it was so funny, but i wouldn't say it was at Shaun of the Dead standard anyone else agree?

11. i saw it last night and it made me cry laughing,no its not the smoothest story line but some of the gags and one liners are very funny. And the pish-take of US buddy cop movies is hysterical!

12. An outstanding film. I am seriously contemplating seeing it again, if only because of all the jokes in the background. In particular you have to listen to the radio chatter in the background, some of the comments are hilarious.

13. I think they take just about every American cop film cliche and weave it in seemlessly. The comedy was very subtle in places. I don't mean to sound like a smart arrse but at quite a few points in the film myself and partner were the only people in the cinema laughing, and I think there are more gags in there that will require a second viewing. I suspect it'll go completely over the yank's heads. Little things, like the NWA (Neighbourhood Watch Association parody of N!**ers With Attitude) and anyone who's ever lived in a country village will find it painfully close to the bone. It was awesome. Go see it. Go see it twice if you're thick, or want to laugh again.

14. definately adding it to my dvd collection! I loved the music playing in Skinners car after each 'accident'

15. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Top film cried with laughter for most of it. The plot dragged on a bit but the one liners just kept coming. There were an awful lot of "in" Police jokes though, the whole Sandford thing for a start. Its the coppers equivilant of Copehill Down. Definately one for the DVD collection, dont think our coalition partners will get it though!