Hot date in Cleckheaton?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by EX_STAB, Nov 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there anywhere decent to go for a drink in Cleckheaton? Only suggestion so far has been "a pub near Junction 26 of the M62" which I am rather afraid is a "Beefeater" near the motorway service station.

All suggestions of pleasant cosy real pubs (Pref. with or near B&B - I'm damned if I'm driving back with a skinful) gratefully received.

Ta! :D

2. Where the fcuk is Cleckheaton?

3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

4. I would recommend the Inn on the Bridge in nearby Hebden Bridge. Fabulous food, nice atmosphere and plenty of cheap B&Bs in the area.

5. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Like fuck! full of cosmic retarded hippies! Just save the hassle and chug yourself off nothing remotely resembling a female from there (it's only a few mins from Bradistan

6. Hebden Bridge is a shite hole. I used to live there. I'm glad I moved to Oldham. Cleckhuddersfax? Surely Cleckhecmondsidge?

7. Ahh, Hebden Bridge! The Stroud of the North!

Is it still all "Knit your own yoghurt" and Rug munching Workshops?

Might be just the place!

8. just dont go, can you not get her to come to you????

if she was born there it may be worth contracting some form of man flu so you dont get caught up insomthing like deliverance

Mountain Man: What do you want to do now?
    Toothless Man: [grinning] He's got a real pretty mouth on him, don't he?
    Mountain Man: Ain't that the truth.

9. Right, are you prepared to go to Halifax? (7 Miles) if so, good food, great accomodation, good beer and a striking place, makes most of the local pubs around Cleckheaton/Heckmondwike look shabby (Which is really what they are since "The Old House at Home" shut down) I might be a little pricey, but if you want to impress i'd go for............

http://www.holdsworthhouse.co.uk/

Failing that you could always try...... (at about 8 miles with about the same facilities but in a more homely atmosphere)

http://www.woodman-inn.co.uk/

Both also offer wi-fi so if you get your leg over please do make sure you are online and the webcam on your laptop is working so we can have an update.... :twisted: