Hot Chinese girlfriend

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by twoarms_twolegs, Dec 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been living with my lovely other half for 5 months. It was made clear some time before we moved in and once we'd known each other for a while I'd be moving into a lifestyle that was the Army. I'm 27.

Once that awareness was clear, the foundations for our future were somewhat realistic. I think I understand the potentials; mum, dad, grandparents, uncles, etc have been in the forces. My girlfriend's grandfather was on both sides of the Chinese forces, having run off from one to carry on in the other during his time. Her father works away from home so she's as prepared as one might expect.

Have also had a previous 'serious' partner who went a bit wet once we tried the distance thing. Also, she was going off to work with a security clearance, concentrate on career and all that. A learning experience, then.

Which brings me to my question; how much is having a Chinese partner going to bugger me (Oh yes, I'm thinking, but how much?)

I've had the background checks previously for an Irish grandmother (great grandfather in the irish army) but this is something quite different.

I've passed the basic interviews, psychometrics, physicals, etc. Was put out of the application game for the past year due to an ankle fuckup. Now it's game on.

Comments greatly appreciated. Cheers!
  2. Send us a picture and lets see!!!!
  3. This thread is useless without Pics.

Only with Pics could we possibly give a learned opinion on the subject.
  4. I would not have thougt it would affect you for SC; you shoudn't be telling your girlfriend anything anyway, regardless of her nationality. DV may be more complicated, but it will be difficult to tell until (if) you get there.

Edited to add: Pictures are a must for a thread of this kind, ideally with baps out.
  5. absolutely none whatsoever...the army doesn't recognise girlfriend as a legal relationship so don't fret....the only time it may be an issue is if you go into a trade that will require you to be DVd (eg Int Corps / RLC AT / elms of RSigs etc)...however, cross that bridge when you come to it...

...also, it will really help if you post a pic here, pref undressed so that we can confirm 'she' isn't one of those ladyboy types trying to get out secrets..

6. as mentioned I would be more worried about being buggered as mentioned
  7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

You could always ask the DVA if you're worried.

They'll probably insist on you sending a picture though. Pop it on here first and we'll pre-screen it for you.
  8. sorry i was a bit flippant as the guys have said you should be OK but best put a full photo on just to be on the safe side
  9. Thank you for the welcome useful info and also cause for a grin.
  10. Picture is a definite must before you go any further.

We don't want you falling at the first hurdle do we?

11. It should not be a problem - however they may ask some intrusive questions at interview.

When you say you are worried about being buggered then post a pic on here just to confirm she is not TingTong from Tooting

12. again had a thought over night about this she may be worried about her fashion sense to allay her worries best she leave the old clothes off so as not to embrace herself.
  13. is this poster real? sounds like a wind up to me.
  14. I think a "poster" is too much a simple photo should do
  15. a simple photo of fit chink in the buff showing all her oriental delights, then and only then should she be considered for vetting!!