Horsing around

I wonder if the film showing was Champion the wonder horse? :lol:

Farm horse gatecrashes into cinema
Stunned film-goers were shocked when a horse jumped the queue and burst into a local cinema, a source has said.
The horse was one of three which escaped from a farm and ran through the automatic doors at the Cineworld complex in Boldon, South Tyneside.
It cantered down a corridor before turning round and fleeing through the exit as couples, friends and families looked on.

"Mr. Ed" - perhaps? :)

National - or indeed International - Velvet?

Mind you the fact it went in, took one look and left suggests it was something, anything, with Russell Crowe in it...

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Being in Boldon, I'm just very surprised there was a horse. Unless it was a superannuated pit pony.

I wonder what happened to its 'neigh' bours?

I'll get me coat.

Black Beauty?....not that he/she/it was a pit pony....at least not in the film(s) I saw...

Could have been Follyfoot, taking a break from the house.
Come to think of it...how the heck do you have a horse trotting round the house without it wrecking the place :?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
blueygirl said:
Black Beauty?....not that he/she/it was a pit pony....at least not in the film(s) I saw...
Pit ponies - while not 'Beauties' were usually black. Until washed.

bossyboots said:
Could have been Follyfoot, taking a break from the house.
Come to think of it...how the heck do you have a horse trotting round the house without it wrecking the place :?
ummm...."horse - trained"? .....sorry, had to do it, I know it was bad :D

That was almost as bad as mine Blueygirl :D

I think it ran back out in horror at the price of the pic n mix.

blueygirl said:
Black Beauty? He's a dark horse...

Cuddles said:
blueygirl said:
Black Beauty? He's a dark horse...
:D :D :D

An acquaintance of mine (we share the same therapist) won first prize in a raffle and the quite stunning prize was a weekend in Newcastle. The second prize was actually a week in Newcastle but I don't suppose that's important (or original). However after (on the advice of his therapist) upping his medication, he arrived in Newcastle and and on seeing the Tyne Bridge, spent the entire weekend looking for the Opera House.

While searching for Bondi Beach, as the Opera House was nowhere to be found, my acquaintance actually visited Boldon and managed to take in a fillum (he's originally from NI) in the very cinema complex that the horse ran into. The fillum was actually Die Hard 8 (Zimmer - A Frame Too Far) and while the action sequences were visually stunnning, he thought Bruce somewhat old for the role and somebody of that age wearing a vest isn't really anything unusual. But as he talked to the manager with the help of an interpreter (from Sunderland), the manager made quite a sweeping statement that doesn't appear to have been picked up by the press:

The translation of what he said goes something like this:

"That certainly wasn't the first and most definitely won't be the last thing on four legs using the complex"

My acquaintance understood perfectly, having seen some of the horrors that were being groped in the back row.