Horses arse been fed by Sod-it-hexo to troops

I like this part:

The catering at Ascot Racecourse, which is attended each year by the Queen, is run by Sodexo Prestige, according to the firm's website, and the company won four awards in last year's National Racecourse Catering Awards for its food.

Inside job.

I remember almost 40 years ago when I spent 6 months at a Skillcentre, the food was a fucking disgrace.....

But the head of the catering ran a top of the range car- nothing changes.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Nothing new there.

Anyone remember the BSE 'crisis' in the mid 90s? Our usual 5 choices of beef / pork / chicken / turkey / veggie turned into beef pie / beef casserole / steak / mince beef / beef burgers.

It was fucking great! Steak every single night for a month. Happy days.

Edited to add: It was extra-special too, watching the one or two limp-wristed veggies in the Regt getting enormous on feeding themselves nothing but chips and mayo.

If Sod-it-letsgo are doing it, I dread to think what KBR are serving up.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Without wish to piss on everyone's rant about Sodexo and KBR, I would point out that Purple Food Solutions (PFS) hold the Global Food Supply contract which provides rations for the armed forces in the UK, on operations and exercises. Vestey Foods UK Ltd, part of the Vestey Group, are a partner in PFS and supply the meat.

Neither KBR nor Sodexo have supplied horse meat to the armed forces, because they don't supply food; they cook it.

Without wish to piss on everyone's rant about Sodexo and KBR, I would point out that Purple Food Solutions (PFS) hold the Global Food Supply contract which provides rations for the armed forces in the UK, on operations and exercises. Vestey Foods UK Ltd, part of the Vestey Group, are a partner in PFS and supply the meat.

Neither KBR nor Sodexo have supplied horse meat to the armed forces, because they don't supply food; they cook it.
The trouble with your explanation is that it forgets one thing. Sodexo should have known what kind of meat they were using or did they never do quality control for themselves, or were blind eyes being turned in the name of profit. I know which theory I prefer anyway. n.b. the same goes for all the other firms involved in this as well

They run 'catering' services in the offshore sector too. But we'll eat any HORSE shit.
I just find it quite sad that they choose to throw it all away, it was fine yesterday so sure it will be fine today, just label it correctly and sell it cheap to those that don't mind eating it. Or throw me a few freezers full and the dog can eat steak for the rest of her days

Capitalism taken to it's logical solution, tender for the cheapest food, no questions asked hey presto. You want beef burgers for a few pence each, company supplying still needs to make a profit, just add 'mystery meat'!!

Sacre bleu - you think we have it shiote -the froggies have been eatin our junkie horse arrrse

From the telegraph

Infected horses exported from Britain eaten in France
Several horse carcasses exported from Britain containing the drug "bute" have probably ended up in the human food chain, France's agriculture ministry has said.
Several horse carcasses exported from Britain are believed to have contained the drug

A spokesman said the ministry was alerted by British authorities that six tainted horses had been exported to France in January, but that the meat had already been processed.

Phenylbutazone, commonly known as bute, is an anti-inflammatory treatment for horses which is potentially harmful to humans and by law is supposed to be kept out of the food chain.

The official said on Saturday that some of the meat had been successfully recalled but that the equivalent of three carcasses had "probably" been eaten.

There was only a "minor" health risk, he said.

Earlier this month, the Food Standards Agency's tests on horses slaughtered in the UK found traces of bute, in eight carcasses, five of which had been exported to France.
Farming minister David Heath said the FSA was working with French authorities in an attempt to recall the meat.

However, the indications from France agriculture ministry on Saturday suggest three carcasses had already been sold and probably been eaten.

Two carcasses which remained in the UK and three more which were exported to France did not enter the food chain, UK officials said.

Italian authorities have identified horsemeat in tests on six tonnes of mincemeat and 2,400 packages labelled as lasagne bolognese seized from a company near Bologna.

The results, released on Saturday, are the first postiive test to identify horsemeat in Italian foods, since the scandal broke.

Latest Threads