Horses arse been fed by Sod-it-hexo to troops

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by bitterandtwisted, Feb 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Is this counted as cannibalism for Kings Troop?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sodexho are the contractor at Headley Court, there are issues with the food as it is.

Their conduct there is disgraceful.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I like this part:

The catering at Ascot Racecourse, which is attended each year by the Queen, is run by Sodexo Prestige, according to the firm's website, and the company won four awards in last year's National Racecourse Catering Awards for its food.

Inside job.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I remember almost 40 years ago when I spent 6 months at a Skillcentre, the food was a fucking disgrace.....

But the head of the catering ran a top of the range car- nothing changes.

6. I think it's safe to say that Sodexho's conduct at any location leaves something to be desired.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  7. They run 'catering' services in the offshore sector too. But we'll eat any old shit.

8. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Nothing new there.

Anyone remember the BSE 'crisis' in the mid 90s? Our usual 5 choices of beef / pork / chicken / turkey / veggie turned into beef pie / beef casserole / steak / mince beef / beef burgers.

It was fucking great! Steak every single night for a month. Happy days.

Edited to add: It was extra-special too, watching the one or two limp-wristed veggies in the Regt getting enormous on feeding themselves nothing but chips and mayo.

9. Without wish to piss on everyone's rant about Sodexo and KBR, I would point out that Purple Food Solutions (PFS) hold the Global Food Supply contract which provides rations for the armed forces in the UK, on operations and exercises. Vestey Foods UK Ltd, part of the Vestey Group, are a partner in PFS and supply the meat.

Neither KBR nor Sodexo have supplied horse meat to the armed forces, because they don't supply food; they cook it.

10. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Closing the stable door after the horse has BEEN bolted.

• Like Like x 1