HORSE CARTOON

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by scruff_2, Sep 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now I know there are a lot of well read ARRSERS on here so I need your help.

I remember seeing a cartoon/painting of a fat womon on a horse and the poo horse was bent in the middle due to the riders weight. I think this is quite a famous picture.

My question is does anyone know who it is by?

2. Norman Thelwell?

3. Sounds like Giles Catchpole.

4. Catchpole is an Author???

Bryn Parry.......dunno of a fat bird on a nag being done by Parry though.

5. Looks like Norman Thelwels picturs but just googled him and cannot find the picture I,m looking for.

6. After viewing your location I am somewhat sceptical.

7. I'll stick the artist in as potentially Ronald Searle, but I'll do some googling to check....

Alternatively, could you be thinking of a seaside postcard with a donkey?

edit: No, probably not Ronald Searle, but I've got a damned picture in my mind now...

8. Quite right, :oops: Catchpole is the author - so I was thinking of Parry then

9. No dodgy reasons for finding picture. Have a girl working here who is, shall we say a bit on the large size. She had booked a horse riding lesson this lunch time but was turned away for being too large.

I want the picture to put on her desk as we were all in stitches.

10. I did a fat bird on a sofa. Actually I did one on a beer barrel - which is similar in challenge to a horse...

11. I think BigEye might be right I remember one done by Thelwell, he also did a whole equestrian series of fat folks/kids/women/men/Hunters on horses etc.

I also now that Ronald Searle ( ex Jap POW and bridge over river Kwai veteran) did a few similar type drawings but I can't recall that particular picture.

If in the meantime you need something drawing give me a PM and I will see what I can do

PogS

www.pocketcomms.co.uk

12. Not the one that I've been thinking of, but it's a start:

[​IMG]