Hormonal imbalance or fast pie arm?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by chinooksdad, Aug 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Attached Files:

2. I couldn't eben spell pawatwooper even if I wanted to.

3. The symptoms and signs of hypothyroidism

Common complaints include fatigue and lethargy, cold sensitivity, dry skin and lifeless hair, impaired concentration and memory, increased weight with poor appetite and constipation. Patients may also fairly often experience a hoarse voice, tingling of the hands (carpal tunnel syndrome), heavy and, later, absent periods, deafness and joint aches. In childhood there may be delayed development and in the adolescent precocious puberty. The elderly may develop memory disturbance, an impaired mental state or depression, and in rare cases coma can occur, resulting in death if left untreated. Signs include slow movements, ‘myxoedema facies’ in which the face looks puffy due to the accumulation of subcutaneous fluid, cool dry skin, slow pulse rate, thinning of the hair including the eyebrows, slow tendon reflex relaxation time, slow pulse rate and hoarse voice. The thyroid may be enlarged (causing a goitre) in some patients due to accumulation of lymphocytes (Hashimoto’s thyroiditis), but in others the thyroid is destroyed by the time of diagnosis and there is no goitre

So in my case it is my glands. :lol:

Now, where did I put that pie?

4. Hey Howler, if you're reading this thread I think I';ve found an early picture of Haggis. I hope his sister was a bit more streamlined :)

5. I'm going to go in at the deep end here.

If the kid is fat, starve it and make it work, and if it throws rocks at you, beat it.

6. [Quote = Digitalgeek -] Common complaints include fatigue and lethargy, cold sensitivity, dry skin and lifeless hair, impaired concentration and memory, increased weight with poor appetite and constipation. Patients may also fairly often experience a hoarse voice, tingling of the hands (carpal tunnel syndrome), heavy and, later, absent periods, deafness and joint aches. In childhood there may be delayed development and in the adolescent precocious puberty. The elderly may develop memory disturbance, an impaired mental state or depression, and in rare cases coma can occur, resulting in death if left untreated. Signs include slow movements, ‘myxoedema facies’ in which the face looks puffy due to the accumulation of subcutaneous fluid, cool dry skin, slow pulse rate, thinning of the hair including the eyebrows, slow tendon reflex relaxation time, slow pulse rate and hoarse voice. The thyroid may be enlarged (causing a goitre) in some patients due to accumulation of lymphocytes (Hashimoto’s thyroiditis), but in others the thyroid is destroyed by the time of diagnosis and there is no goitre

Suferers may also find they break intoa sweat as they walk past kebab shops and burgers bars. NO! Fuck that, sufferers will find they break into a sweat just when they walk, period!. They might feel the urge to chew off someone's appendages as they're talking to them and salivate when they're downwind of wheelie-bins. Female sufferers will undoubtedly feel the urge to pour themselves into clothing that looks like it's been painted on, squeeze their hooves into 5 inch heels and strut around bars with a pack of Marboro lights jammed in their cleaveage as they neck down vodkas and DIET coke.

And, undoubtedly, they will have their eyeballs shagged out by me and my ilk. And Reni for that matter.

7. Much as it irks me, I'm with him on this one.

8. ... are you my Mum?

9. You know it makes sense :D

10. No, that's unfair. This kiddy obviously does have a hormonal eating problem so I'm not going to have a go.

However, THIS is what happens when someone has a genuine hormonal problem so it gives us all perfect ammunition against those lazy fvcking fat useless cvnts that claim they have it but only got fat in their teens!!

11. If the child can be assessed properly then this is a possible end diagnosis......

"Prader-Willi syndrome is a complex genetic disorder, which is present from birth. Its main characteristics are:

excessive appetite
    low muscle tone
    emotional instability
    immature physical development
    learning disabilities (sometimes very mild)"

"Some time between the ages of one and four years, children with PWS begin to show a heightened interest in food and in severe cases develop what appears to be an insatiable appetite, so that they will try to obtain food by any means possible. The degree to which this occurs varies considerably between individuals, but there is always a preoccupation with food in play and talk. This can be helped by good management, dietary control and educating the child about his or her diet. However, if energy intake has not been carefully monitored, weight gain is rapid; hence, a lower calorie diet (energy controlled regime) is essential throughout the person's life. An appropriate exercise programme helps to keep weight levels down and also improves muscle strength. If weight is not controlled, fat accumulates in a characteristic way on the buttocks, stomach, lower trunk and thighs. Children with PWS are generally placid and friendly, but may begin to exhibit stubborn or obsessive behaviour, and outbursts of temper if they cannot get their own way or are denied access to food."

http://pwsa.co.uk

12. If you can,t feed your kids.......eat them, simples!!!

13. God Edna-Clouds....you've got a sense of humour haven't you.

Refer to Manley's post. Funny as fuck. Simples.

14. I have too! I nearly nearly apologised for posting a sensible reply but foolishly resisted. Nothing wrong with having a Willi syndrome surely?