Hordes of Rollerbladers in the West End: what gives?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bravo_Bravo, Mar 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For the second weekend on the trot, I have had the misfortune to be in the West end ( of London ) at the same time as a gaggle of self-congratulatory loafers on rollerblades lallygag around the streets of the Capital, at breakneck speed ( sadly, not literally ) in the middle of the road, paying no regard to the traffic or pedestrians and with "Marshals" in Hi-Vis vests stopping anything they wished.

The last time I was constrained by being in working dress although the thought of ordering the driver to move forwards was very tempting: but this time I was in mufti and so made my own small protest. I was waiting at a crossing for the lights to go red and the wee man to go green: as these events happened the Great Unwashed took no notice and merrily ploughed on through the red light. As any self-respecting Squaddie would, I boldly stepped out into the stream of smug tw@tts and, to my delight, caused some costernation as they looked astonished at my derring do in moving when I was entitled to, causing all manner of comedy swerves and shocked faces.

Why are they doing this? What are they trying to do except alienate everyone bar themselves? Why do Plod allow this? Why do they have to take to the bloody steets and WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

2. It's an old problem Bravo. Try this and they might put up a statue to you too.

[​IMG]

She sorted 'em!

3. Lucky the TSG didn't get the durty sods, or else their tiny eggshell skulls would be parted and egg banjo's handed out like dross flyers on Oxford Street or Weed on camden High Street!!!!

4. I can't wait to get myself to the west end. This could provide a useful outlet for the pent up frustrations that occupy my mind when the rugby season closes. Green man on - drop the shoulder and charge.