Horace Series

You posted about Horace the other day. Horace was shite back then, and it's still shite.

Horace was pant's, especially that rubbish one with the spiders , The only Retro worth it's salt is anything Namco or Ultimate Play The Game.
Enough said......

billy.winky said:
nOT YOU AGAIN. Why don't you sling your * hook and let REAL retro gamers discuss things in peace!
I still have a spectrum, immaculate, in it's box, and some games. I love retro games. Horace was crap though.

If you want good retro games then you need to discuss "Wriggler", "Jet Set Willy", "Xenon II" and the like.

I'd rate Paperboy over Horace, and that wasn't anything special.

smudge67 said:
billy.winky said:
nOT YOU AGAIN. Why don't you sling your * hook and let REAL retro gamers discuss things in peace!
I still have a spectrum, immaculate, in it's box, and some games. I love retro games. Horace was crap though.

If you want good retro games then you need to discuss "Wriggler", "Jet Set Willy", "Xenon II" and the like.

I'd rate Paperboy over Horace, and that wasn't anything special.
Or Blagger.

I'm sorry for having a go at you, I was just riled up because my threads always get ripped into. I'm glad that you and the other guys are retro gamers. Blagger was cool. What about the magic knight series?

billy.winky said:
I'm sorry for having a go at you, I was just riled up because my threads always get ripped into. I'm glad that you and the other guys are retro gamers. Blagger was cool. What about the magic knight series?
I didn't play Blagger, but looks similar to Manic Miner?

I only remember playing Finders Keepers, and Spellbound. They were good games, considering.

You should try Knight Tyme for your Spectrum if you can get hold of a copy. It was the Magic Knight in space and you travel from planet to planet with complete freedom. Really innovative for it's time and still a good laugh.

billy.winky said:
You should try Knight Tyme for your Spectrum if you can get hold of a copy. It was the Magic Knight in space and you travel from planet to planet with complete freedom. Really innovative for it's time and still a good laugh.
I can download an emulator, and play it on my laptop :)

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
I was a C64 boy, myself. I played Manic Miner and JSW until my fingers bled.

My favourites from the era though, are without a doubt the early Thalamus releases - Delta, Armalyte, Hunters Moon, Sanxion....... I loved the loading music to Sanxion so much i'd switch it off just to load it again.

Horace was wank, though.

Fugly said:
I was a C64 boy, myself. I played Manic Miner and JSW until my fingers bled.

My favourites from the era though, are without a doubt the early Thalamus releases - Delta, Armalyte, Hunters Moon, Sanxion....... I loved the loading music to Sanxion so much i'd switch it off just to load it again.

Horace was wank, though.
I don't agree. I thought it was great and showed some Japanese cultural influences that certainly eventually led me to manga and more.

Fugly said:
I was a C64 boy, myself
Fucking Crow. :D

Vic 20, anyone? It was the slightly yellower, mostly shitter computer that came out a couple of years before the C64. I had Blitz for that on cassette, where you had to drop bombs on a city from a plane which descended slightly every time it went round the screen. Good stuff, shame I spent more time loading it than playing it. 'Press play on tape' my arse...

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
skintboymike said:
Fugly said:
I was a C64 boy, myself

Vic 20, anyone? It was the slightly yellower, mostly shitter computer that came out a couple of years before the C64. I had Blitz for that on cassette, where you had to drop bombs on a city from a plane which descended slightly every time it went round the screen. Good stuff, shame I spent more time loading it than playing it. 'Press play on tape' my arse...
Had a VIC20 as well mate - it was my second computer, being the replacement for my ZX81! The C64 replaced it, I skipped the C16.... ;)

Fugly said:
skintboymike said:
Fugly said:
I was a C64 boy, myself

Had a VIC20 as well mate - it was my second computer, being the replacement for my ZX81! The C64 replaced it, I skipped the C16.... ;)
Yea well my first computer was an abacus, it all sorts of brain training games on it, well thats what they told me anyway.

My first computer was a BBC B and I had it for playing Elite - now that has to be the best game ever

Computer list went a little like this...

BBC B
Spectrum 48k
Spectrum+ - plastic keyboard
Spectrum (Can't remember the name Amstrad version - built in tape deck)
GameBoy - I know not a computer, but I purchased it in Berlin from the US (was it a BX?)
Amega 500
Intel P75
Cyrix 233
Cyrix 233 + evergreen chip (An old overclockers chip)
Intel 266
P3 - Can't remember the speed
AMD 1000
AMD 64Bit 3000 +
and now....
AMD Duel Core 5200