Hopes sky high for DIY African scrap helicopter project

Well , the Wright brothers didn't do that badly with their hunk of junk did they.

Good luck to him.

(There's a whiff of sulphur, and I'm sure I heard the swish of a purple cape just now)

If it does fly, how long before some ****** fits weapons onto it.
A loudspeaker playing Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries on a continuous loop.

Apocalypse Possibly Maybe.

I can just see the CEO of Ryanair going "you bastard, you stole my idea" and suing him for every penny he's got...

Meanwhile his wife seems fairly pragmatic about the whole thing, and relying on god to help deliver.

"“I was frightened when I first heard that my husband was developing a helicopter because he had never done it before," she said.
"Later I accepted it, because everything is possible through God."

Jim I have to ask what the hell where you doing to find this?
Picked it up off another forum I frequent where they'd found it!

First thought was you were joking and he had built one of those funny coffins some of them like over there, then I read he really does mean it to fly.

I still think I am right about it being a funny shaped coffin though, just not intentional on his part.

I can just see the CEO of Ryanair going "you bastard, you stole my idea" and suing him for every penny he's got...

Meanwhile his wife seems fairly pragmatic about the whole thing, and relying on god to help deliver.

"“I was frightened when I first heard that my husband was developing a helicopter because he had never done it before," she said.
"Later I accepted it, because everything is possible through God."
I know that Michael O'Leary is a money grubbing type but do you think fourpenceha'peny and a dead frog will be worth it?

But he has been warned that he should not undertake any test flights until the civil aviation authorities have completed safety checks
Never mind getting a pilot's licence first. Although, I somehow doubt he'll be troubling the Malawi CAA for a while.

E

EScotia

I have to wonder if he intends to dismantle the house or dismantle & reassemble the helicopter to attempt to fly it. I'm not a clairvoyant but I foresee difficulties if he tries to start it up and get it off the ground whilst still inside his front room!