hope the yanks dont stiff us on contracts post GW2

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vespa, Apr 2, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im having a nagging worry that the yanks mite award reconstruction contract to USA company leaving the UK in the cold, the french even  mite get more than us ! :mad:

ive just had a discussion regarding this as ive just found out post GW1 (1991 ) that nearly all contracts was awarded to USA companies. ???

IF THEY DO STIFF US OUR MEN WILL HAVE DIED FOR **** ALL ! ONLY TO FURTHER AMERICAN INTERESTS AND WE GET  FRIENDLY FIRE AS WELL TO BOOT ! :mad: :mad:

2. Then brace your self mate :mad:...
    I read....
             ........."every single contract to reconstruct Iraq will go to US companies.
    It shocks Europe and the world to the core that Iraqi oil will pay US companies to repair the damage done by US bombs. With Halliburton's snout deep in the trough, vice-president Cheney holding millions of its shares in his blind trust, Britain was not even considered.
    Downing Street was left  explaining lamely that when the bidding notices went out about  six weeks ago, only US companies had US defence department security clearances to qualify.
    Yet again, Blair is left alone to explain to the rest of the world the gross deformities of the Bush brand of capitalism." :mad:

3. ******* !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

what are doing this for ? ! ?  they can fcuk off if they need our help in iran, korea and any other combats they NEEDED our northern ireland experience in basra and umm qasr if it wasnt for us they would be unstuck early on the the campaign !!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nurse, find this man a chill pill and a sedative before his BP rises to 180/120!

Dr Woopert

4. im BOILING MAD  poohey, poohey, poohey, poohey  :mad:

5. They are acting like a spoilt child.  :mad:  Tony should seriously chuck his teddies out the pram over this one.   :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. Did anyone really believe that US big business would give up evn the tiniest slice of the pie? Notice the plan had been drawn up 6 weeks ago. This is only day what 13-14? And that contracts were signed 6 weeks ago? Then, wouldn't that mean that the whole second UN resolution was just blowing smoke? Sorry boyos, but right now that smoke has been blown right up Bliars butt.

7. it seems USA has learned nothing from "sept 11th" some states has resented USA because their way is the only way and thats it . i dont condone the action of the islamic extremist but i do think US need to reasess their atitude to their allies who has taken risks to support USA before they start losing friends  :(

8. Give it a few months of not being able to run the oil fields, ports and their other "acquisitions" properly because they've not won the trust and support of the locals and then see how much money they make.

9. http://www.observer.co.uk/iraq/story/0,12239,925492,00.html

It stinks, and I know other people have said it before, but I'm starting to believe them, when they tell us the real reason for this war.

We the British, will make a silk purse out of a Sows ear, the American administration are already upset about the potential for what we're doing in the region.

Tough , get used to it corporate election stealing  scumbags

What we need , are some British companies to get their reps out there, and set up shop. I swear to God, if I had £20k spare, I'd be setting up an office in the south now, with the aim of facilitating British business interests

10. So, you're saying you'd be happy for British servicemen and women to die for the sake of a few paltry construction projects?  I sincerely hope I've read you wrong there......[​IMG]

[​IMG] I'd take a look at your contract.....it's not up to us.....

[​IMG]

:mad:

12. K :)

Thought I'd read you wrong!

Yes, we are the f*cked-over armed forces/country...just hope B'liar will be able to sleep at night.

....in the Tower....

13. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Same Shit - Different Situation -  What a Surprise !!!!!!!! :-*

14. PTP, don't sugar-coat it now, tell us how you really feel. ;D