hope the yanks dont stiff us on contracts post GW2

V

vespa

im having a nagging worry that the yanks mite award reconstruction contract to USA company leaving the UK in the cold, the french even  mite get more than us ! :mad:

ive just had a discussion regarding this as ive just found out post GW1 (1991 ) that nearly all contracts was awarded to USA companies. ???

IF THEY DO STIFF US OUR MEN WILL HAVE DIED FOR **** ALL ! ONLY TO FURTHER AMERICAN INTERESTS AND WE GET  FRIENDLY FIRE AS WELL TO BOOT ! :mad: :mad:

Then brace your self mate :mad:...
I read....
         ........."every single contract to reconstruct Iraq will go to US companies.
It shocks Europe and the world to the core that Iraqi oil will pay US companies to repair the damage done by US bombs. With Halliburton's snout deep in the trough, vice-president Cheney holding millions of its shares in his blind trust, Britain was not even considered.
Downing Street was left  explaining lamely that when the bidding notices went out about  six weeks ago, only US companies had US defence department security clearances to qualify.
Yet again, Blair is left alone to explain to the rest of the world the gross deformities of the Bush brand of capitalism." :mad:

V

vespa

******* !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

what are doing this for ? ! ?  they can fcuk off if they need our help in iran, korea and any other combats they NEEDED our northern ireland experience in basra and umm qasr if it wasnt for us they would be unstuck early on the the campaign !!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nurse, find this man a chill pill and a sedative before his BP rises to 180/120!

Dr Woopert

They are acting like a spoilt child.  :mad:  Tony should seriously chuck his teddies out the pram over this one.   :mad: :mad: :mad:

Did anyone really believe that US big business would give up evn the tiniest slice of the pie? Notice the plan had been drawn up 6 weeks ago. This is only day what 13-14? And that contracts were signed 6 weeks ago? Then, wouldn't that mean that the whole second UN resolution was just blowing smoke? Sorry boyos, but right now that smoke has been blown right up Bliars butt.

V

vespa

it seems USA has learned nothing from "sept 11th" some states has resented USA because their way is the only way and thats it . i dont condone the action of the islamic extremist but i do think US need to reasess their atitude to their allies who has taken risks to support USA before they start losing friends  :(

Give it a few months of not being able to run the oil fields, ports and their other "acquisitions" properly because they've not won the trust and support of the locals and then see how much money they make.

http://www.observer.co.uk/iraq/story/0,12239,925492,00.html

It stinks, and I know other people have said it before, but I'm starting to believe them, when they tell us the real reason for this war.

We the British, will make a silk purse out of a Sows ear, the American administration are already upset about the potential for what we're doing in the region.

Tough , get used to it corporate election stealing  scumbags

What we need , are some British companies to get their reps out there, and set up shop. I swear to God, if I had £20k spare, I'd be setting up an office in the south now, with the aim of facilitating British business interests

IF THEY DO STIFF US OUR MEN WILL HAVE DIED FOR **** ALL ! ONLY TO FURTHER AMERICAN INTERESTS...... :mad: :mad:
So, you're saying you'd be happy for British servicemen and women to die for the sake of a few paltry construction projects?  I sincerely hope I've read you wrong there......

.....they can fcuk off if they need our help in iran, korea and any other combats...
I'd take a look at your contract.....it's not up to us.....

:mad:

V

vespa

So, you're saying you'd be happy for British servicemen and women to die for the sake of a few paltry construction projects?  I sincerely hope I've read you wrong there......
>:([/quote]

no i didnt mean it that way it just feeling cheated that gets to me

we do a lot of good work out there including hearts and minds born of NI and the yanks takes all the credits

K :)

Thought I'd read you wrong!

Yes, we are the f*cked-over armed forces/country...just hope B'liar will be able to sleep at night.

....in the Tower....

PTP, don't sugar-coat it now, tell us how you really feel. ;D
Tough , get used to it corporate election stealing  scumbags

Then brace your self mate :mad:...
I read....
         With Halliburton's snout deep in the trough, vice-president Cheney holding millions of its shares in his blind trust, Britain was not even considered.(
Just some information for the propaganda machine here...

The Vice Pres. sold his shares in Halliburton long ago, they are not in a blind trust.

Also Halliburton has pulled out of negotiations for these contracts at this time. They may be back as a sub contractor but not as the primary.

Found this.....don't ask me where...make of it what you will.

-------------------

5 March 2003

From: *******-***** ******, Dept. of History, the University of Arizona

RECENT PENTAGON LEAKS, JAN. - MAR. 2003, RE THE " WAR" ON IRAQ Below is solid information furnished to me by one of the leading journalists in Washington who covers intelligence; I have been given explicit permission to share this information.

The following leaks are directly from the Pentagon and "from the mouth" of a senior Bush administration official in Defense Intelligence [DI] who reports to Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz. This Pentagon official was
considering going public recently with what he knows, but has since decided against it.
Some of this information is already known from, or through, other sources mainly distributed via independent news organizations, primarily on the net. However, the fact that these admissions issue forth from "the belly of the beast," so to speak, is important and confirms much speculation about
the true intent of the Bush Administration regarding Iraq. Please disseminate this as widely as possible -- to everyone you can: local news media, elected officials, etc.

Main points from the Pentagon official in chronological order:

1. 22 January 2003:
The DI Pentagon official in question confided that US intelligence has been "running a bluff" on what Iraq supposedly has in the way of WMD. In addition, the intelligence intercepts (SIGINT and COMMINT) that the Bush administration claimed to possess and also used to make the case for war against Saddam are/were not true.

2. 6 March 2003:
A. There have been systematic purges of the regional desks (i..e., those
personnel who have specific training in world regions, like the Middle East) at the Pentagon in order to force support for the war; all uniformed or career Pentagon officials who did not support the war have been removed /re-assigned.
B. Rumsfeld is attempting to renege on his agreements with the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon regarding post-war Iraq. Rumsfeld et. al. have no real post-war plan for democracy in Iraq. The career military wants such a plan but Rumsfeld and the other neo-conservatives do not want the military in
charge of post-war Iraq. What Rumsfeld and company want for post-invasion Iraq is to build huge military bases that will be used to attack other countries in the region.
C. Rumsfeld has mishandled the military and their deployment; there is deception and partisanship at every level of the Pentagon.

-------------------

RECENT PENTAGON LEAKS, JAN. - MAR. 2003, RE THE " WAR" ON IRAQ Below is solid information furnished to me by one of the leading journalists
Ok, that sounds like a reliable source to me? ::)

Don't believe everything you read, 1/2 of what you see or anything you hear.

V

vespa

i just hope the US govt and UK govt sort something out as we both would benefit not forgetting australia  ;) also show the world that the war was for the right reasons not financial grubbiness.

ps im now chilled out  ;) i usually boil up if i feel some injustice has been done , hope you all don't hold it against me