Hope for the injured?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fairy_nuff, Jan 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It would certainly be great, but it's early days yet and these things take a long time to come to fruition.

My worry would be that in years to come, when it is fully available, that the NHS will not fund it.

What we need in place for injured troops is for them to have priority and full funding for future developments in medicine.

Once such area is ITAP which involves integrating a titanium pin in the bone so it sticks through the skin, prosthesis can be attached. There are many advantages over the currently used sockets. ITAP is currently at the trial stage. The problem is that there is no guarantee that any of us will be able to have it in the future once we have left the Forces.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dingerr, are you still classed as serving? If so, at what point do you get MD'd?

3. When he gets his boots back.

4. When I am rehabilitated to the point where NHS care can adequately take over from Military Rehab.

Or if I choose to.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Morning Sweetie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR4vE9xL3yk

Apparently I should take my one to bed.

**** em.

6. I know, but it's nice to sing to.

7. She's on one tonight! I've had a right bollocking off her!

8. An artificial bollocking?

9. A right plakker-knackering it was!

10. Oy I didn't post this in the NAAFI bar for a reason- to start a sensible debate

11. Just to offer some perspective regards the cost of treatment (and for the letter to your local MP when the NHS refuses your treatment), the yearly cost for supplying an individual with his drug rehab therapy runs at around 100k. Nice to know that your public service is worth less to the government than the human rights of the drug taking scum out there.