Hooped bivy (one man tent)

I used mine through Nov/early Dec in Afghan.While not at it's coldest I found it did a great job.Kept you warm and packed up reasonably small. Great if your out in the hills in the UK aswell.Thoroughly reccomend.

I used mine through Nov/early Dec in Afghan.While not at it's coldest I found it did a great job.Kept you warm and packed up reasonably small. Great if your out in the hills in the UK aswell.Thoroughly reccomend.
My Bold

I have used a one for a number of years hillwalking mainly in The Cheviots ... certainly lighter than a traditional one man tent and better than a simple basha ... mine seems quite waterproof ... but I suppose as with all things you get what you pay for .

£200 I haven't got that much to burn other wise I would get one of theses Untitled Document on the subject of water proofing I will probably use a bivi bag as well

7-9 kg thats a but heavy for me. nice thought

would i be correct in syaing you would still be in a doss bag aswell as one of these?... maybe a stupid question

A swag is great of you have a car or a horse. On foot a bivvi or tarp is the way ahead. I doubt my whole daysack weighs much more than 8kg when packed for an overnight in the hills.
A hooped bivvi is a good investment for lightweight camping. Just remember to pitch it with your feet into wind to give you some shelter at the business end.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Look in the Kit reviews section for the one I did on Terra Novas hooped bivvy. You never really need to bother with the poles unless you want to chill out and read a book or do some minor admin. Worth every penny, Afghan proven.

Really fancy the idea of one of these, the Dutch one seems pretty cool.

Might well get one.

I would concur with a lot of what has been said.... the hooped bivi is a great one man option for hillwalking trips (and/or on exercise). But would recommend - as others have - goretex version. If you hunt around it needn't be that much more expensive, but would be far better.

I've got the Dutch one, it's good but could be better, for the hoop to work the top end needs to be properly pegged down.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Biffta112 Military Clothing & Boots 5
Needle_Point The NAAFI Bar 80
wildcard.rgbw Weapons, Equipment & Rations 15