Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Mar 26, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. List htem here.......

0342: US Central Command in Qatar says coalition cruise missiles and bombs struck Iraq's main television station in addition to key telecommunications targets, damaging the regime's "command and control capability".

0719: UK Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon tells the BBC no direct attempt has been made to take Iraqi television off the air. He says the aim of overnight attacks had been to target Iraq's command and control facilities in Baghdad.

Post more contradictions and outright lies here....
  2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

USER  From Sky News....
         "Umm Qasr is a city similar to Southampton," UK
         minister Geoff Hoon said in the Commons
    yesterday. "He's either
         never been to Southampton, or he's never been to
    Umm Qasr" says
         a British squaddie patrolling Umm Qasr. Another
    soldier added:
         "There's no beer, no prostitutes and people are
    shooting at us.
         It's more like Portsmouth".
  3. I am an anglo saxon from Portsmouth, I feel that my ethnicity has been soiled by this soldiers comments.  I demand that I be given a full written apology from this soldier or else I will declare war and invade southampton to free those scummers from the oppressive regime under which they live.  This war will be a war to free the innocent people of Southampton from the repression that they live under and not for Fawley oil refinery.
  4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I've seen your university, I'd start with the Rebels in your own midst if I was you...  

Mr H
  5. Mr Happy.....

Quality Post re. The British squaddies comments...

Still laffin here

Keep them coming.
  6. Having visited Portsmouth, getting the Yanks to bomb 7 shades of sh1te out of it (a possibility anyway) might not be such a bad idea.  You could design a realy silly one way system-oh you already have one of those, how about a toss shopping precint-oh got that too, oh well you could always let it fall into the sea
  7. msr

msr LE

The biggest cheer at the Dell was always when Pompey were losing at half time....
  8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

"UK Challenger 2 tanks have engaged an Iraqi column near Basra destroying 14 enemy tanks in a major battle, British commanders say.

Thought to be Russian-built T-55s, all the tanks were said to have been destroyed in the battle with a similar number of Challenger 2 tanks from the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards. "

Despite initial reports of up to 120 vehicles leaving Basra, Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon said only three tanks were involved and these had all been destroyed. "

Now I don't want to belittle our Tanky's victory but, well, what can I say....
  9. Eagle....

I have an idea for a Hoon Banner........... :)
  10. I have only the following to say:

FSB-you obviously can not read a map if you did you would not have got lost!

DZ- Oh yeah! Fancy a wager?

MSR-"biggest cheer at half time", that'll be followed by the biggest groan at full time, and anyway there is nothing else to cheer about!

Mr H-did you go to the University, if you did it may explain a thing or to.

Following on from the above, Portsmouth has miles of golden sandy beaches, just dodge the needles and dog s**t.  A fabulous listed building in the guise of the Tricorn.  Women who will drop there draws at the production of an id card in Joanna's and a football ground selling the best burgers on the south coast so there!
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Could you target the Tricorn as it will save the Council anymore embaressment! Oh and Fratton Park.
  12. Having been born and bred there (on the island itself - none o' that Paulsgrove/Gosport crap), the only thing wrong with Portsmouth is that a Labour Council got in to power....it was a fine City up until then...... :mad:

[​IMG] [​IMG]  [​IMG]

....not that I'm bitter or anything.................
  13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Whats wrong with Paulsgrove, Eagle?