Hoon visits troops in Basra

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Jun 14, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3804859.stm

Is he wearing the natty grey suit with loafers or the trendy track-suit? I think we should be told.

No doubt he'll be protected from the real opinions of those serving out there. Stand by for a pic of him surrounded by a hand-picked audience of Fijians..... :twisted:

2. I remenber my most satifying moments in the army was in Kosovo in June 99 as the commander of 102 Log Bde was visiting. We were given the usual 'Keep your mouths shut' lecture beforehand.
    I had been taken off my re-settlement course to be there for absolutly no reason and with only 6 months to go let him have it with both barrels. It left our new OC and CO with some very sticky questions such as 'Why have we been double toured from Bosnia when the standing orders at the time stated that everyone should have at least 6 months off from tours after a deployment?.
    Why didn't everyone have floppy hats and warm weather gear and most of all why was moral pitifully low.
    I didn't care much by this point.

3. Hoon visitied troops on exercise in Canada in summer 2000 and was shown around a defensive position. He spied two soldiers making a brew in the bottom of a trench and attempted to engage them in conversation.
    'Was that trench hard to did?'
    And received the reply:
    'Is there sand in the desert?'

Clearly getrting nowhere with the surly soldiery he pointed to the mess tins and commented.
    'I see those haven't changed much since I served.'
    At this point there was a flicker of interest from the lads who looked up with a modicum of respect. Hoon unfortunately let the moment slip by continuing:
    'Yes! I certainly enjoyed my time in the ACF!'

4. On occasion friendly fire would be quite welcome :twisted: :twisted:

5. Hoon. Goon Tw*t.
    Love the bloke to pieces - fragging anyone?

6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

The scruffy TWAT wore his 'leisure suit' when he came to see the Kingos !

He was nekkid by the time he left Basrah......

Thieving scouser bastards