Hoon speaks on BW deaths

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Nov 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

It seems Hoon's first contribution to this matter is to defend himself and seek to deny that he had any responsibilty for the move of 1BW:

2. There is a rising anger amongst the UK over the death's of these three BW soldiers and TCH is trying to deflect any of the criticism coming his way. However as Sec of State Def, he (and the Dear Leader!) are ultimately responsible for any deaths coming from a politically motivated move such as this.

Alex Salmond has slated TCH, possibly a bit low so soon after the deaths, but he does praise the BW in comparison to the trickery and double standards exhibited by the Government. I for one felt that something like this would ultimately happen, I hope it is the last but I am a realist and am preparing myself for more losses from this purely political redeployment.
  3. TCh won't accept responsibility for the deaths. Nobody told him the BW were going you see.

4. its a pity that we werent greeted yesterday with the news of TCHs death rather than that of those brave and professional soldiers. RIP
  5. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Politicians are not my favourite type of human being, but That Cnut Hoon makes most of the politicos look like really nice people!.

During my fairly long life I have tried hard not to hate anyone (not always succeeded - esp in NI) but in TCH's case I make absolutely no effort and the find I am actually hating someone I have never even met.

If he were to be slotted tonight, I would lose not one wink of sleep over it or shed one tear. Of course, if TBliar were to get rid of him now he would probably be put in the House of Lords to carry on with his damaging ways saying 'Not my fault Guv'.
  6. TCH - on the initial decision to deploy 1BW:
    Oohhh right, he had played no part in the decision at all, despite being Defence Secretary. :roll: :roll:
  7. TCH. Useless, 24-carat, snot-gobbling, oxygen-thief apology for a human being. I'm sure his kind words of self-justification and Pontius Pilate-like hand-cleansing will be a great comfort to the families and colleagues of the BW lads who died yesterday. :twisted:
  8. So if he had no role in this decision - what is he for?
  9. Disgusting!

I could say that he is a cowardly, meal ticket punching evil bastard... but I won´t!
  10. Have him tied to a post downrange and I'll try to think of something.......
  11. UNJUSTIFIED!!!!!!!!

You are an absolute disgrace - both as a Sec Def and as a human being - how else are the families supposed to feel - it's not as if we are all falling over ourselves to fight in this ill advised adventure in political double dealing is it?

You really are a spineless, snivelling, lieing sack of S.H.I.T.

I just hope that one day you get what you deserve.
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I must apologise for an earlier post when we were told that the Black Watch would be going to Dogwood.

I was in rant mode and stated that I could not believe that TCH could sink so low as to pull such a slimy political stunt.

He has proved that he has neither honour nor concience.

The man, (and I use the term in it's loosest possible context,) reaches deeper levels of low-life strata and keeps digging.

I'm sorry to have been so naive.
  13. I'm putting Blair and Hoon on notice.

I hold them both responsible for all British Military deaths in Iraq.
  14. I am reminded of a scene from Shrek, when Lord Farqard stands on the balcony and says he is sending his troops off on a task to free the princess, but it is a risk he is willing to take.

One day maybe politicians will start to take responsibility for their actions and decisions. It beggars belief that he can stand there and say that anger is unjustified. How out of touch is he in his office in whitehall?
  15. Sack the cnut, put him in uniform and send him out as a BCR for one of those lads.