Hoon resignation demands rejected

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Jan 15, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3400707.stm

Really Prime Minister? You totally understand do you? Do you really? Have you ever lost a loved one, or a best friend or colleague either in action or on active service?

2. Well said PTP. If he really understood there would be no defence of this co*k up. If this is an "odd glitch or shortcoming" what do the class as a major fcuk up?

3. Now that is just fine all our service personell are regarded so highly, when one dies it is only as a "glitch"or "shortcoming" now. not negligence?

are they of no significance whatsoever to our politicians!!

What would happen if everyone put in for a pvr!!

...we'd have no-one to sort the country out. :wink:

5. Sorry about repeating myself , but I will , another classic example of politicions not being held accountable for thier actions and decisions,
    B*astards :evil:

6. Hoon has apparently said that he is "extremely sorry" for Sgt. Roberts'
    death.
    well, that makes everything alright then, doesn't it ?

TOSSER!!!

7. Not as sorry as Mrs. Roberts, not even a fraction.

8. Dear Mr Hoon,

Sorry does not even begin how you, and your predecessors should feel for not just the death of Sgt Roberts, but of all members of HMF who have given their life for not giving them the equipment needed.

Put up the council tax to pay for the gucci kit for Police Ambulance and Fireservice, because they get votes, MOD don't,

so that seems ok then

9. the line to be taken by the looks of things is blame the army it was their fault.

10. How, exactly, can they pin this one on the Army?

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Funny how when a Police Force drops a bollo%, the Chief Constable seems to fall on his sword. I doubt if Hoon will even lose sleep over this. He has never had much interest in the Forces, leaving that to his minions. But as said before the day the MoD cares about its soldiers will be the day.

12. simple the records will show the equipment was sent to the gulf and therefore should have been issued.
    The reality is the descision was taken to late to have an ordered deployment yes the kit got there but because time was so short it was impossible to locate and distribute.

Labour will use the records to dig itself out of the smelly stuff and shift the blame onto the supply chain and others in green.

13. well just heard Hoon interviewed and it looks like the tiger teams are going t be the fall guys.

14. Oh, aren't the Tiger Teams TA?

Don't Tiger FIND missing kit, as opposed to losing/not sending it in the first place?

Didn't Soldier, a few issues back, have a big article on how the Tiger teams were worth their weight - literally in Gold, after finding errant containers and Tanks all over the shop?

Or have I got the wrong idea of what TIGER teams do?

Ahhhh I think I see which way this is blowing. I think we all can.

Divide and rule.

15. sure they will blame this on some one, after all they are politicans (eg no good lieing bastards). surely this should be personal issue after all. last thing just to get this off my chest, hoon is the biggest shiney arse lilly liver left wing lay about, with all the military know how of a girl's pink flipflop. plus the fact he is with out one of the biggest c*nts in the bunch of c*nts we where some how fooled into voting for. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: