Hoon kicks HMF again

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Feb 20, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

2. There are many of us still in the Army who live with a permanent partner, but because we're not married I still am only entitled to singlies' benefits. Time to get with the programme fellas - this is the 21st century, not the 18th....
  3. I just can't believe that this idiot still has a job with the government.

Think its time I wrote to my MP.
  4. Far be it for me to stick up for Hoon, but the old soldier left the Army in 1958, which means that his partner was aged 8 at the time.

Trying to get £ out of the MoD for her is taking the proverbial. She had no connection with him whatsoever during his service. Why should she get some money now?

Knowing many guys that are now in the Gulf, those that have partners have most certainly been told that they will be treated as if they are married. One bloke waited until his first child was born before he joined his unit, two couple where going to get married but did not based on what they where told.
  5. Well said Bravo Bravo. There are some battles worth fighting such as the current pensions fiasco and rights for non-married and even guy partners of serving soldiers. But this is lunacy...an ex soldier claiming for his girlfriend who was still in primary school when he left.

We need to all be aware that all the costs of defence (procurement, equipment, pay, pensions and compensation) come from a single (shrinking) budget given by the treasury each year. As a result any unfounded (this one) or stupidly PC (KLA Claim see other debate) compensation claims will have a direct impact on us in the long run....

Choose teh battles that are just and you could win. Then get your MP on side...
  6. His partner was 8yrs old when he left? Was he in the RRW?
  7. Maybe worth trying to find out if the 'Partnership Bill' will cover Forces partnerships?
  8. Cue jokes...

What did Gary Glitter say to Michael Jackson?
    Can you swap me two fives for a ten?

Why is Michael Jackson crap at Formula1?
    He's so used to coming in a little behind.

Ouch! :!: