Honours MP apologises for drunken romp

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Richard_Hannay, Apr 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/04/08/nhonours108.xml

This man rises yet further in my estimation!!

By Emma Henry and agencies
    Last Updated: 1:06pm BST 08/04/2007

An MP made a public apology to his family today after a newspaper revealed he had a "drunken romp" with two teenagers.

Angus MacNeil, Scottish MP who started the cash for honours investigation
    'Bitter regret': Angus MacNeil

The SNP's Angus MacNeil admitted his part in an incident, where he was reported to have kissed and fondled the girls in a hotel room bed, describing it as "wrong and stupid".

The Western Isles MP, 36, whose complaint to the police sparked the ongoing cash for honours investigation, apologised for the "embarrassment and hurt" caused by his actions.

Judie Morrison and Catriona Watt told the Sunday Mail about the encounter in Shetland in July 2005 when they were aged 17 and 18.

It was reported to have taken place weeks before Mr MacNeil's wife gave birth to their child.

Mr MacNeil said in a statement: "I bitterly regret that this incident occurred, and I apologise to my family for causing them embarrassment and hurt.

"I also apologise to the young women involved and their families.

"I really should have known very much better."

He added: "Yes, some foolishness took place at a post ceilidh party, which was wrong and stupid.

"There is no allegation that anything further happened and I wish to make that absolutely clear.

"It was a lapse of judgement two years ago, for which I am sorry."

Mr MacNeil said he was "angry" with himself for potentially allowing his political efforts to be overshadowed by his private life.

But he said: "However, in the interests of everyone concerned I have nothing further to say on this matter."
  2. You jammy Jock ba5tard.
  3. Yep. He's clearly a liar - who in their right mind would regret a threesome with two teenage girls?
  4. Bet his wife is a right boot. At least in Parliament he can have a pop at all the bumbandit MPs who profess regret at having betrayed their wives with callboys by saying at least he did it with 2 teenage lasses.
  5. Seconded.

Lying cunt :D
  6. Now I would be the first to shout Hurrah if I was this lucky.... but what if they are both Vicky Pollard look a likies. That would I am afraid make cause for regret.

Still 17 and 18 year old pussy! Quality work!
  7. Bollock5. As long as they're teens you get serious kudos.
  8. Didn't read the article - didn't read the posts, but provided he did not break any laws, so what!

I am so grateful to this man for his efforts to highlight the filth masquerading as a government in this sad, sad country.
  9. I would have a serious fooking wood on.... never mind kudos!
  10. So whats he done wrong?
  11. Thirded :D Good drills :evil: Of course he's a liar - look at his occupation.
  12. He would defitnely get my vote

any pics of the 2 young ladies
  13. Does this qualify him to cross the floor, and join the Labour front bench??
  14. There is much more to this than meets the eye.

The story is two years old. Why dig it up now?

Apparently MacNeil has also been "followed" in Glasgow. Northern Constabulary are investigating suspicious calls to his home.

Special Branch are investigating an attempt to bug a Westminster SNP office.

Liabour have some very unsavoury contacts, particularly in what may be termed "organised crime" in Scotland.

More details here.....