Honours List

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tiger stacker, Dec 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The military list (covering all three services) is here (clicky).

Well done, all.

Don

2. His mum honoured too for services to Nursing - MBE

3. Well done everyone, especially all the senior officers who get an extra knighthood every 6 months or so, so they can get into more sexy parties.

4. A PLYMOUTH lecturer who promotes peace through the arts said he had suffered a dilemma over receiving his MBE – because it celebrates the British Empire. David Oddie, of UCP Marjon, called for an overhaul of the honours system to end titles which are "inappropriate" in the modern world.

What a chopper. Maybe he should stop drinking water because it celebrates drowning, or stop wearing shoes because Stalin once wore a pair. And how can he live with himself, coming as he does from Plymouth? Didn't the pilgrim fathers sail from Plymouth, then found the American nation which in turn has caused so much war and suffering?

I could go on...

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Any Arrsers pick up?

6. Yes, but I don't think he'll declare it on here. I'm elated. A well deserved and overdue award.

7. One of my OC's got an MBE. I wouldnt get anything as long I have got a hole in my ARRSE.

8. Congratulations to all especially to RLC CO who picked up OBE. Fully deserved.

9. one of my guys got a Queen's Volunteer Reserves Medal

10. "One of your Guys" Don't let him hear you say that, then again after 45 years+ service he did deserve it!

11. Not as fcuking disastrous as a rack load of LGBs.

12. Mr Oddie still accepted the award despite feeling he had to go to the papers about his outrage.... 2 faced piece of .....