Honours List

Well done everyone, especially all the senior officers who get an extra knighthood every 6 months or so, so they can get into more sexy parties.

A PLYMOUTH lecturer who promotes peace through the arts said he had suffered a dilemma over receiving his MBE – because it celebrates the British Empire. David Oddie, of UCP Marjon, called for an overhaul of the honours system to end titles which are "inappropriate" in the modern world.

What a chopper. Maybe he should stop drinking water because it celebrates drowning, or stop wearing shoes because Stalin once wore a pair. And how can he live with himself, coming as he does from Plymouth? Didn't the pilgrim fathers sail from Plymouth, then found the American nation which in turn has caused so much war and suffering?

I could go on...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Any Arrsers pick up?

One of my OC's got an MBE. I wouldnt get anything as long I have got a hole in my ARRSE.

one of my guys got a Queen's Volunteer Reserves Medal

PrayingMantis said:
one of my guys got a Queen's Volunteer Reserves Medal
"One of your Guys" Don't let him hear you say that, then again after 45 years+ service he did deserve it!

Mr Oddie has worked in places such as Palestine where he said the British Empire had had a "disastrous impact".
Not as fcuking disastrous as a rack load of LGBs.

Feel a little sorry for Mark Cavendish. I know he made his choice to stay on at the Tour de France while the others were at training camp for the olympics, but he is the first Englisman to win four stages in the tour.

I also think he was shafted a bit in Beijing with the events he was entered for, but there you go such is life I suppose.

Cycling anorak off.

Congrats to Capt Mick "Angry" Angove, R Signals.

MBE for a top fella.

TA did badly - one OBE and only one MBE ........ and only two Officers ! Surely this is not representative of the efforts of TA officers? The Army cadets did better. I presume this is because the TA is just rubbish at putting people forward.