Honours claims damaging trust

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, Feb 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6322881.stm

Party chairman Hazel Blears said it was causing a "corrosive cynicism" and constitutional affairs minister Harriet Harman said it was "eroding trust".

Actually, no, Hazel -it gives me great confidence in one of the abiding principles of the democratic sysem: no-one is above the law.

Any erosion of trust stems from the rank hypocrisy of you and your colleagues. If you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to be afraid of

msr

2. And lying to us about the Iraq War, failing to visit injured soldiers, appointing no-marks as SoS for Defence, having Prescott as DPM and your best mate as Attorney General hasn't undermined our trust in the PM whatsoever...

3. Good to see the BBC living up to its name: Bliar/Brown Broadcasting Corporation.
    Why are these politicians squealing like stuck pigs? My guess is that the police are getting close to the truth.
    It is barely believeable that government should complain about police doing their job - Lewis Carroll or George Orwell might have imagined such a scenario, but to witness this for real!

4. Good to see the BBC living up to its name: Bliar/Brown Broadcasting Corporation.
    Why are these politicians squealing like stuck pigs? My guess is that the police are getting close to the truth.
    It is barely believeable that government should complain about police doing their job - Lewis Carroll or George Orwell might have imagined such a scenario, but to witness this for real!

5. Eroding trust..........I lost trust in this government and this PM some years ago my dear!

6. Some time ago a bean counter told me a story about the large firm of accountants where he trained.

Part of his training involved him being seconded to their tax advisory division where one day there was a huge amount of panic evident and a senior person promptly vanished.

High profile (i.e in the press a lot) client, pots of dosh and dabbling in all manner of iffy schemes to save tax. The Inland Revenue started asking questions. Lots of questions.

So one day a very long list of question comes in from the Tax Inspector. After weeks of work a very long and "suitable" set of draft answers is prepared. No lies, answers the questions posed fully but perhaps not in a way where even the most intelligent reader could make 2+2=4, more like 2 1/2.

So a letter is sent to the Inland Revenue promising a response soon and one to the client setting out the position . A few days later a reply from the Inspector returning the letter that should have gone to the client but had been put in the wrong envelope.

It began along these lines:

"Dear Mr X,

please find attached a copy of the latest questions from the Inland Revenue and our draft answers as previously discussed.

As you will see, the Inland Revenue is getting dangerously close to the truth............."

If anybody rightly deserves a Knighthood then it should be Knacker of the Yard

7. No doubt we need a "full public debate" on this issue as well.

Bit f*cking late, Hazel. Your boss destroyed any trust we may have held four years ago, and your own fellating public support for him pretty much p*ssed your kipper as well.