Honour Guard Drill

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by rlcfiancee, Aug 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering if anyone knew the honour guard drill for our guard of honour at our wedding in December. None of the army guys have a clue and i want it to look good for our wedding video. Please can someone let me know.
    Would be greatly appreciated.

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I would suggest that either you or your affianced bribe* the RSM to either drill the Party in question, or provide the instructions for the drill movements themselves.

*the amount is usually negotiable in Port.
  3. Oh dear. Tell your betrothed and his mates (also known as SOLDIERS) to get themselves into the in-tray of his friendly neighbourhood drill pig. Hopefully said drill pig will not die of shock when someone asks him about drill.

He's probably not going to like it but in the long run it'll be easier than spending an entire marriage having you complaining about how he and his mates ballsed up your wedding. (That's normally reserved for the reception.)
  4. Honour Guard Drill? is there such a thing?

What's wrong with someone says 'up' all pointy things go up (get held there for a stupidly long time and go a bit wobbly), someone says 'down' all pointy things fall smartly to the floor.

If it aint broke etc...
  5. Gremlin

Totally agree Mills Bomb. After all, the guests should still be inside the church/chapel when it takes place, and therefore the only witness should really be the Photographer.

However some people like to be a bit flash about it.*

* After all he is RLC!
  6. Is he/are they in the TA?
  7. Gremlin

I know where you are going with that one (ref previous thread), and am currently laughing my non white socks off! :lol:
  8. Hehe.... Well spotted!
  9. no he isnt TA he is an RLC Officer.
  10. Best man's responsibility not the bride's.
  11. I've helped you out with your post :D
  12. You're a very nice man. I hope I can return the favour soon.
  13. Edit. for not getting the right person :)
  14. Oh Christ, you're doomed.
  15. It could be worse, he could be a RLC TA officer. The horror.....