Honour guard at cenotaph

Anyone gIve me the heads up on the drill for the sa80 at the Ellesmere Port cenotaph thanks in hope. I have none to ask local

If nobody knows, just make something up... and ensure you all do the same thing... like I did many years ago... albeit with 'another' weapon type.

I'm guessing this is for a Cadet unit or Reserve detachment. Either way - consult your CoC. they can flag it up to Brigade and make sure you get correct guidance, but as posted above, as long as you all do the same thing at the same time no one will mind too much. The important thing is that you are doing it at all. Good luck with the parade.

Thanks it is for cadets .( Navy)
One of the lads who looks after them brought it up at the last meeting the one thing they are unsure about is how to salute with up turned rifles (if done)

Thanks it is for cadets .( Navy)
One of the lads who looks after them brought it up at the last meeting the one thing they are unsure about is how to salute with up turned rifles (if done)
Ask your friendly ASO Drill. And the SCC drill manual should be online and available.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A word of advice from an ex-Badge (Acting, as I was never going to get my Royal Warrant due to some . . . errm . . . local difficulty in times past): try and approach it like golf-if in doubt, local rules apply.

However.

This started my left eyelid twitching:

. . . the one thing they are unsure about is how to salute with up turned rifles (if done)
*shiver*

Promise that you'll find someone to instruct that one? Free-form saluting, even for Cadets, is not looked on with kindness.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
A word of advice from an ex-Badge (Acting, as I was never going to get my Royal Warrant due to some . . . errm . . . local difficulty in times past): try and approach it like golf-if in doubt, local rules apply.

However.

This started my left eyelid twitching:

*shiver*

Promise that you'll find someone to instruct that one? Free-form saluting, even for Cadets, is not looked on with kindness.
Have to admit to only seeing it done twice both in photos queen mums and one of the Welsh lads from afghan I did not see how they got into the position both times, as I was busy doing other things at the time, the advice I past on was as long as they all do the same thing , who is to say different,