Honorary Arrser?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by dogmeat, May 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wonder if he knew that the air cushion was there?

I'm also now wondering if he just walked past, whistling nonchalantly, then shoved...

2. China Daily report.

[​IMG]

See, pensioners can still provide a valuable public service instead of just clogging up the soup aisle in Tescos.

3. "Good drills" indeed, but I'm not sure this is worthy of "Current Affairs".

4. Oh, I dunno. If it sparks a debate on the role of ex-servicemen in society, it's worth it... :D

5. Agreed. There are those who have taken the Queens/Kings shilling ................... and there are others.

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Gets my vote!

7. Oh, it's current. The next time some inconsiderate a$$hole shuts down North London by threatening to jump off the Hornsey Lane Bridge, I'm going to pray for Mr. Lai (or any other civic-minded ex-squaddie, really) to come strolling by.

8. Reminds me of the multiple times I've been stuck on a train because of someone on the track, and the rage that ensues.
    I then think of the time I witnessed a certain squaddie 'shoot' a simulated casualty with a blank "because he was holding us up". Seemed stupid then but now I think about it, a dead man is someone who can't make a fooking problem out of themselves.

9. Cries for help should be ignored as a matter of course. About the only choice we have nowadays that's clearly and indisputably our own is when to end our own lives. People who piss about with it should be taken at face value and provided with all the help they need to complete the act and prosecuted as a public nuisance if they fail to do so. Depressed that life isn't going the way you want? Upset because you feel small and insignificant, as if nobody's really paying you attention?

Tough. Get over it or get on with ending it - either way, get out of the road. Britain needs more people like Lao Lai, if only to counterbalance all the 'you're special and important' shite kids get fed all day every day.

10. Very good drills in my opinion! If he'd been watching from the crowd then he probably did know the air cushion was there ans was solving the problem!

Even so, if the cushion hadn't been there it would still be comendable. People like him are selfish, they don't want to kill themselves they want attention. Proper suicidal people do it properly, wankers like him just inconvenience others.

11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Do you think that he might have prefered a pullover??? 8O

12. Am I the only one reminded of the scene in the first Lethal Weapon film? :D 8)

I'd be interested to know in which regiment/unit of the PLA this bloke served.

13. Shame about the pillow...

14. I've been looking on some Chinese blogsites and the human-flesh search engine has it that he was also involved in the relief effort after the 1999 floods, in an engineer unit operating in Hunan. The most likely mob for that time and place would be 1st River Crossing Engineering Regiment of 27th Army.