Hong Kong - Its past, the current and future - where is it heading?

CP has one of the best safety and service records, hope because of politics it's not ruined.
I've flown on CPA over the last 30 years (nearly) and I'm Asia Miles and this is awful. Utterly awful.

I notice our communist traitor so-called "loyal" opposition party has, as far as I'm aware, remained very quiet on this subject. Nothing to do with the fact that as fellow communists they totally approve of this oppression, and indeed may well have a similar agenda planned for Britain should the magic grandpa and his cohorts ever assume power here. Oh no, siree.

Oe thing is for sure, if the events taking place in Hong Kong were taking place in Israel, and this oppression was directed against the Palestinian population, there would be massive demonstrations outside the Israeli embassy every day.

Double standards?. No sh*t, Sherlok.

I last saw these words on a sign when I was a kid at Aldershot army display in the late sixties
1566734491449.png

I've flown on CPA over the last 30 years (nearly) and I'm Asia Miles and this is awful. Utterly awful.

I notice our communist traitor so-called "loyal" opposition party has, as far as I'm aware, remained very quiet on this subject. Nothing to do with the fact that as fellow communists they totally approve of this oppression, and indeed may well have a similar agenda planned for Britain should the magic grandpa and his cohorts ever assume power here. Oh no, siree.

Oe thing is for sure, if the events taking place in Hong Kong were taking place in Israel, and this oppression was directed against the Palestinian population, there would be massive demonstrations outside the Israeli embassy every day.

Double standards?. No sh*t, Sherlok.
Except that, obviously, you only read things that appeal to you and ignore others.
Just a few days ago, Labour (McDonnell on BBC Radio) said the Chinese must stick to the agreement of "one country, two systems" and that the UK government must reinforce that standpoint to China.

This was reported on Reuters and the BBC but, obviously, not on the stuff you read.
Double standards? No whatever.....

Without stating the bleedin obvious this is not going to end well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rioters throwing petrol bombs at Police lines, Police firing live round warning shots....

Can’t see the PAP being held back much longer.

Rioters throwing petrol bombs at Police lines, Police firing live round warning shots....

Can’t see the PAP being held back much longer.
Hmmmm ...when will the paramilitary cops start crossing the border...give it a month or two or days / weeks? The HK situation is not front page headlines no more.

In other news, China is gearing up to collect their citizens DNA ..

Hmmmm ...when will the paramilitary cops start crossing the border...give it a month or two or days / weeks? The HK situation is not front page headlines no more.

Haven't they heard about ancestry.com or other sites?

China has just announced plans to shunt HK into the tumbleweeds

It's an ill wind that blows no good. I hope they will develop an ancestry research business as a sideline. It could help to pay for the project.

I have to declare a vested interest here. Researching the Asian side of my DNA records is difficult, even using American companies.

Nothing like a bit of 'heavy metal' intimidation to focus the populations' collective attention.

'Chinese state media shared pictures of the heavily armoured vehicles and personnel carriers moving in a long convoy at the city’s border overnight. It is not clear whether they were coming or going. The pictures also show a boat loaded with soldiers coming in to dock in the city. The government claims it’s part of a routine patrol by the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA).'

However, Australian National University China expert Dr Graeme Smith told news.com.au that, “for once, the Chinese government is telling the truth”.

“The handover last night was totally expected and it’s not taken anyone who follows this stuff closely by surprise at all,” he said.

He added that the timing seems interesting because of the flare-up in Hong Kong in recent weeks, but in fact, the handover takes place around this time of year, every year.
What I reckon they were doing was telling HK and the world that these protests will not interfere with the normal exercise of state authority in Hong Kong.

The Middle Empire Strikes back.

Joshua Wong and two other activist leaders arrested this morning.

Petrol bombs apparently being used now. I wonder how much longer Beijing will keep the PAP on their side of the border, when they now need to protect loyal citizens from armed Western puppets and agitators?

'Protesters set fire to a large roadblock near Hong Kong police headquarters on Saturday, sending billows of black smoke into the night sky.

'The group used plastic bollards, metal fencing and seating from a nearby sports ground to build the barricade before starting the blaze in the central district of Wan Chai. It came as chaos engulfed Hong Kong’s financial heart as police fired tear gas and water cannon at petrol bomb-throwing protesters, who defied a ban on rallying — and mounting threats from China — to take to the streets for a 13th straight weekend.'

What I reckon they were doing was telling HK and the world that these protests will not interfere with the normal exercise of state authority in Hong Kong.
HK of course is a very important city itself but for Chinese authorities it is a model for future incorporation of Taiwan. Permanent crisis, protests in HK make the same scheme for Taiwan unviable. So there is a lot of political forces interesting in continuation of protests in HK.
No matter what Chinese authorities would do. The protests will continue.

Petrol bombs apparently being used now. I wonder how much longer Beijing will keep the PAP on their side of the border, when they now need to protect loyal citizens from armed Western puppets and agitators?

'Protesters set fire to a large roadblock near Hong Kong police headquarters on Saturday, sending billows of black smoke into the night sky.

'The group used plastic bollards, metal fencing and seating from a nearby sports ground to build the barricade before starting the blaze in the central district of Wan Chai. It came as chaos engulfed Hong Kong’s financial heart as police fired tear gas and water cannon at petrol bomb-throwing protesters, who defied a ban on rallying — and mounting threats from China — to take to the streets for a 13th straight weekend.'

Not looking good, is it....

Any local input?

Sky keep implying that ‘British Police’ are on the ground helping HK Police.
Are they just confusing serving British HK police officers with ‘British’ Police?

Petrol bombs apparently being used now.
Petrol bombs started being used fairly early on in the current stramash.

HK of course is a very important city itself but for Chinese authorities it is a model for future incorporation of Taiwan.
That was certainly the original intention but the CCP has a decent grasp of Taiwanese political dynamics and nobody seriously places any reliance on that role model anymore.

Not looking good, is it....

How awful for the policeman. He didn't make the rules, so there was no reason to attack him like that (or at all). Now the police will have to be protected by soldiers. I hope this is not the start of 30 years of violence like we had in Northern Ireland.

Latest Threads