Honey Badger 1, Leopard 0

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
From today's Wail - honey badger gives leopard what for.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...idn-t-honey-badger-sweet-treat-expecting.html
'The badger noticed her and the leopard charged, it disappeared into the nearest burrow for safety but the leopard dragged it out with its head in her jaws.' A ferocious, super fast fight was what followed.

'Badgers have thick skin which is also very loose and allows them to twist inside their skin when grabbed and are also armed with a dangerous set of teeth as well as enormous claws. 'The badger did not seem injured but the leopard clearly was.

'It lay down at the same spot where the fight happened and began licking the wounds on both of her legs for many minutes, before she moved on.

1411497880156_wps_24_MANDATORY_BYLINE_PIC_BY_V.jpg

Tough little bastards, aren't they. Has any military unit got them as a mascot or emblem?

Wordsmith

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought from the headline that a honey badger had attacked a tank. But wasnt surprised..

Never piss off a honey badger. Ever.
I thought honey badgers exist in a state of extreme pissed offness all the time anyway?

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought honey badgers exist in a state of extreme pissed offness all the time anyway?

Or as I like to call them, women.

Tool

LE
From today's Wail - honey badger gives leopard what for.

Tough little bastards, aren't they. Has any military unit got them as a mascot or emblem?

Wordsmith

One of the South African Infantry Batalions of the former SA Defence Force. It was also the emblem of the Tracker soldiers (Honey Badger on green background for Tracker, yellow background for advanced and red background for "train the trainer" qualifications - images here http://www.pinterest.com/swatf/cloth-badges/).

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers.

Honey Badger, sounds so nice and cute really.
Perhaps some protesters will start a campaign against those nasty aggressive Leopards.

Tilbake

Old-Salt
Honey Badger, sounds so nice and cute really.

It could have it's own kids' TV show.

Sugar Bear. Oooh look Choccie, it's Honey Badger, let's ask him to play a game.

Choccie Cat. Yes, let's!! Hello Honey Badger, let's play a game!

Honey Badger. FARK OFF YOU TWAT OR I'LL CHEW YER FACE OFF!!

Was in a big old Toyota safari vehicle a few years back that had to make a rapid retreat with one of these little buggers chasing it, snarling and biting at the wheels like a Jack Russell after a paper boy.

Totally love 'em

ADBO

LE
There's some YouTube clip of a raging hermer doing a running commentary on a honey badger. Mildly amusing, but my ham fisted fudge fingers can't manage to do a linky thing? Any takers?

Blogg

LE
Some brave souls keep them as pets.

Apart from the downside of their skunky type abilities, best not to even surprise them mildly or you end up with an oversize weasel in rage overdrive mode chewing variously at your achillies tendon, wedding tackle & face.

On the upside you won't be troubled by cat crap in your garden. Nor cats at all really.

Oh and if you decide to bury one of your irritating relatives in the garden, make it deep. They have been known to chow down on human remains in shallow graves....

I've met that Honey Badger, Stoffel" in the second clip. The bloke who runs the Moholoholo wildlife rescue centre, Brian, is an "interesting" character - totally barmy. The Lion at the start of the clip is called Big Boy and Brian goes in the enclosure with him. One of his Vultures tried to eat my Mrs too.

Latest Threads