Honest John / Lance- Anywhere to see one?

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by tommikka, Aug 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A question regarding the Honest John and/or Lance missiles.

My father was in 50 missile many years ago, is there anywhere in the UK with either the Honest John or Lance on display etc for my parents to visit?

The picture below is of my mother back in the day.
    [​IMG]

2. Firepower, Woolwich Arsenal has an Honest John in its collection don't know about Lance though.

3. I think there's a Lance at Larkhill, but that's not really for public display so to speak

Firepower Museum probably your best bet

4. Cheers to everyone, and the Larkhill Lance is pretty interesting as I can arrange to get them in at some point. Woolwich is on their list as places to go, but they never realised that one was there!

5. Can confirm both Honest John and Lance are at the Fire Power Museum.
    Worth a visit!!

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

There is a Lance parked up as a gate guard in Arborfield. (Near Reading)

7. Here's a pic[​IMG]

8. Ah takes me back to the good old days :D . remember that last firing in the heb's. was a wet and windy affair. Not long after that the lance and 50 msle regt were no more :(

9. Saw Honest John fired at Larkhill around '71 I seem to recall it was the last one to be fired in mainland England?

10. Posssible, I was at AAC Harrogate in '71, but did see one fired in Germany about 5 or 6 years later.

11. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

In addition to this, the REME Museum isn't a bad visit either - not worth making a long trip for, but if you're in the area, why not.

12. I was there too - you must remember me? I was the one in the khaki suit with the shiny buttons

13. There's an Honest John in the Land Warfare Hall at Duxford