Honest it wasn't about oil

Not really news considering it has been common knowledge for quite some time that the yanks were awarding Haliburton Iraq oil contracts way before the invasion.

I would say that the vast majority of British citizens already knew this as fact.

More concerning would be M.Ps openly denying it.

Suffice to say that any M.P who has publicly denied this as being fact is a lire and a M.P who is prepared to lie is not fit to be in office.

I would say that the vast majority of British citizens already knew this as fact.

Suffice to say that any M.P who has publicly denied this as being fact is a lire and a M.P who is prepared to lie is not fit to be in office.
The problem is, we also know that all politicians lie all the time anyway.

Whats the former italian currency got to do with it?

oleaginous
This word has been appearing far too often on arrse of late. FiveAlpha initially ripped someone up for using it in naafi and since then - many arrsers appear to have googled it's meaning and try to crowbar it into many threads.

It's "oily". Keep it simple.

This word has been appearing far too often on arrse of late. FiveAlpha initially ripped someone up for using it in naafi and since then - many arrsers appear to have googled it's meaning and try to crowbar it into many threads.

It's "oily". Keep it simple.
Absolutely. 'Egregious' would have sufficed.

Not really news considering it has been common knowledge for quite some time that the yanks were awarding Haliburton Iraq oil contracts way before the invasion.
Really Cabana?

Can you explain this then? Note the word 'enters' in the title and the fact that they aren't actually getting the oil, just drilling for another company.

Oh, and did the US come out on top when the contracts were divvied up?

Really Cabana?

Can you explain this then? Note the word 'enters' in the title and the fact that they aren't actually getting the oil, just drilling for another company.

Out of interest have you ever been neer a oil barrel or pipeline or smelt a tanker roll past

Really Cabana?

Well, it is a big and complicated subject. Haliburton is a big company and KBR is a subsidury, so Haliburton as a parent company paved the way for KBR to get contracts. Linky thingy That could be the reason the author of the article you posted got some things incorrect. In addition the oil fields were "carved up" and other companies were given contracts after the invasion.

Oh yes, and Cheney who was Vice President of the US at the time had monetary interests in Haliburton as he worked for them prior to entering office and was still being paid by them (he might still be on their pay roll).

Indeed the US came on top when the contracts were divvied up....how much has the UK got going in Iraq?
Linky thing

Well, it is a big and complicated subject. Haliburton is a big company and KBR is a subsidury, so Haliburton as a parent company paved the way for KBR to get contracts. Linky thingy That could be the reason the author of the article you posted got some things incorrect. In addition the oil fields were "carved up" and other companies were given contracts after the invasion.

Oh yes, and Cheney who was Vice President of the US at the time had monetary interests in Haliburton as he worked for them prior to entering office and was still being paid by them (he might still be on their pay roll).

Indeed the US came on top when the contracts were divvied up....how much has the UK got going in Iraq?
Linky thing
Cabana

You have shown nothing to suggest that the US companies get to own all or even some of the oil in Iraqs reserves. Yes there is a dodgyness between Halliburton and the last administration which gave it contracts - but they weren't for extracting and selling oil.

I can find nothing on google that suggests that US companies got the pickings of Iraqs oil licences. I will happily accept that I am wrong if someone can prove that it was so.