Honda Pan European

#1
Honda Pan European ST1300 to commute 110 miles a day, year round from somewhere like Aldershot to somewhere like Portsmouth. Good idea?
 
#2
Yes :)
 
#4
How old are you?
 
#5
Depending on the age/model of the bike,it might be worth checking the reason why various police forces have abandoned pan europeans.

On the whole though,a very good bike for that sort of commute.

Happy and safe riding fella.
 
#7
Try the baby Pan; Dullville. Much cheaper, just as quick top end.

I use mine 160 mile round trip each day. It just sits at the speed I require :) and hoovers the miles up. Economical and shaft drive to boot. It is designed for commuting and whilst it aint ever gone set the roads ablaze, the top box, large panniers and heated grips do the job very nicely.
 
#8
Also consider BMW (twin not K series) or something along the lines of a TransAlp or Africa Twin. Sounds odd, but the less plastic there is, the easier it is to wash the salt and s**t out in the winter.
 
#10
Do you lot drive Rovers in the winter? And come home to a glass of hot milk?

msr
 
#11
msr said:
Do you lot drive Rovers in the winter? And come home to a glass of hot milk?

msr
Mondeo actually, but the pleasure of watching people thumb there love button stuck in traffic when we pass on our bikes is satisfaction in itself.

BUT

I do collect another bike this friday as the last one I smashed into an inconsider driver who happend to be on his side of the road when we met
 
#12
I have BMW R1200GS. I use it all weathers and often travel from ooooooop norff to the smoke on it.(and back)

No complaints from me.Shaft drive is a def plus for something to look at.
 
#13
In answer to msr,

I also have a 'blade and an aprillia rsv mille.

No rovers or hot milk here fella!
 
#14
This thread is starting to smell of tartan blankets and wee...
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#15
msr said:
This thread is starting to smell of tartan blankets and wee...
Call me Mr Picky, but something or somebody has pissed you off recently haven't they?
 
#17
Biscuits_AB said:
msr said:
This thread is starting to smell of tartan blankets and wee...
Call me Mr Picky, but something or somebody has pissed you off recently haven't they?
Old bikers on their Beemers :)
 
#18
msr said:
Biscuits_AB said:
msr said:
This thread is starting to smell of tartan blankets and wee...
Call me Mr Picky, but something or somebody has pissed you off recently haven't they?
Old bikers on their Beemers :)
Old bikers? I have two, K1200s and an R1150R and I am under 40 yrs.

Would like to see whatever you're riding keep up with the K1200s...
 
#20
The add in the newspaper: Encyclopedia Britannica for sale. No longer needed. Got married last month. My wife knows everything.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Danny_Dravot Classified Ads 3
todhunter Classified Ads 3
SKJOLD Weapons, Equipment & Rations 1

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads