Honda Pan European

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Dragstrip, Jul 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Honda Pan European ST1300 to commute 110 miles a day, year round from somewhere like Aldershot to somewhere like Portsmouth. Good idea?
  2. Yeh
    Not my favourite bike but well upto that task.
  3. msr

msr LE

How old are you?
  4. Depending on the age/model of the bike,it might be worth checking the reason why various police forces have abandoned pan europeans.

On the whole though,a very good bike for that sort of commute.

Happy and safe riding fella.
  5. Bimmer GS would do just as well. Get a waxed jacket like OB Wan too. :)
  6. Try the baby Pan; Dullville. Much cheaper, just as quick top end.

I use mine 160 mile round trip each day. It just sits at the speed I require :) and hoovers the miles up. Economical and shaft drive to boot. It is designed for commuting and whilst it aint ever gone set the roads ablaze, the top box, large panniers and heated grips do the job very nicely.
  7. Also consider BMW (twin not K series) or something along the lines of a TransAlp or Africa Twin. Sounds odd, but the less plastic there is, the easier it is to wash the salt and s**t out in the winter.
  8. BMW RT1200 is also a nice bike
  9. msr

msr LE

Do you lot drive Rovers in the winter? And come home to a glass of hot milk?

10. Mondeo actually, but the pleasure of watching people thumb there love button stuck in traffic when we pass on our bikes is satisfaction in itself.

I do collect another bike this friday as the last one I smashed into an inconsider driver who happend to be on his side of the road when we met
  11. I have BMW R1200GS. I use it all weathers and often travel from ooooooop norff to the smoke on it.(and back)

No complaints from me.Shaft drive is a def plus for something to look at.
  12. In answer to msr,

I also have a 'blade and an aprillia rsv mille.

No rovers or hot milk here fella!
  13. msr

msr LE

This thread is starting to smell of tartan blankets and wee...
  14. Call me Mr Picky, but something or somebody has pissed you off recently haven't they?