Homeowner arrested after intruder falls 30ft

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mikal, Aug 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My sympathies to Patrick.

LONDON (Reuters) - A homeowner has been arrested after an intruder was left unconscious after falling about 30-ft from a top-floor window.

Patrick Walsh, 56, woke to find the suspected burglar in his flat in Chorlton-cum-Hardy in Manchester in the early hours of Monday.

The pair argued, and the intruder was later found unconscious outside the flat, police said.

Walsh, who was arrested on suspicion of assault, was released on police bail pending further inquiries.

The unnamed 43-year-old intruder is in hospital with life- threatening injuries.

"Following an exchange of words, the alleged burglar was found unconscious on the pavement outside the flat. It is believed he had fallen from the fourth floor window," police said in a statement:

The arrest is expected to revive arguments about the rights of householders to defend themselves against burglars.

Farmer Tony Martin was jailed for shooting dead a burglar in 1999.

From http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20070809/tuk-uk-britain-homeowner-fa6b408_2.html
  2. Why is the burglar not named?

Btw this has already been done on the 'naughty boy' thread.
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

My thoughts exactly. The law needs to change on this issue. If you can't protect yourself in your own home, where can you?

I have no sympathy for thieving gits. What charges have been brought against the hospitalised scum?
  4. Probally a free holiday and compesation money from patrick coming :pissedoff:
  5. Thanks. Didn't spot it.
  6. Plod do themselves no favours when they arrest people like this. FFS, anyone who breaks into a house deserves EVERYTHING they get. End of.
  7. The price of a coffin and the associated funeral costs :twisted:
  8. Well i've no doubt he came in via the window, so why not leave by it.

Good on you Patrick.
  9. He should have throttled the cnut, dead men don't whine to their lawyers
  10. Patrick deserves an award... how long will these sorts of events occur in which honest victims are turned into criminals before the public outrage changes things?
  11. The thing is now this tw@t has died,he will probably be looking at manslaughter or some other absurd charge. :roll: :roll:
  12. Let's celebrate, :party: the dirty piece of **** ejaculation who fell from the window is dead.
    Daily Heil
  13. Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

He wasn't invited into the house, he shouldn't have been there.

At least he is dead now, hopefully he wont be able to leach off society anymore.

Now time to ensure Patrick isn't screwed over by some liberal do gooder lawyer.

I am sure they are champing at the bit to tell all how the scummer was a victim.
  14. He wont be nicking anyone else stuff will he. :lol:
  15. Other than cruelty or abuse to children, no criminal offence angers me more than the fatuous, demoralized, politicized, toothless, target chasing plods in blue arresting a man for protecting what is his.

The dishonest, disgraced and totally disreputable Bliar is reported as saying:

Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime.

What was not reported was that he completed this 'sound bite' by saying:

Savage on the victims of crime.

All this crap was supported by the Annointed One (Brown G) in his own inimitabe style: set targets and cut funding.

I do hope the miscreant is dead and that his death was painful and unpleasant and further, I hope his family will be named and shamed. Of course I don't 'know' the family are all social scroungers on my, and your, tax, but I bet they are !!!!!!!

Shame on Bliar; shame on Brown and shame for this once great country.

Sadly, it is more likely the state supported shites will be financed by my taxes to a greater degree than hitherto.