Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Homeless walt

The rare occasions I give money to beggars, I tell them to treat themselves to a tin of Special Brew- or whatnot. It’s what they’ll do anyway and I can’t stand the sanctimonious twats who hand money over with a list of conditions attached (which will obviously be ignored anyway).

Nothing like the gappy grin of gratitude off a street drinker on a summer’s day, as you hand over a fiver with a cheerful, “Have a litre or two of white lightning on me my good man, and don’t neglect to urinate in the street”.
Gives me a bit of a lift.
Which is great, but they're far more likely to spend the cash on smack or spice. "Have a bag of spice on me." sounds far less endearing...

Well, done my good deed for the day by giving a crisp fiver to a chap with a cardboard sign saying Homeless Falklands Veteran Please Help. I assume "graciasgringo" is some form of squaddie salutation?

Which is great, but they're far more likely to spend the cash on smack or spice. "Have a bag of spice on me." sounds far less endearing...
I don’t agree. Street drinkers of my acquaintance are creatures of habit. In any case, booze or drugs, it’s exactly the same principle: if you give money to people in that situation it is unlikely to be spent in a way that most of us would consider “wise”.

Because chicken is as bland as ****, which is why Nando's have managed to build a business out of serving chicken 33 ways and all drowned in 'authentic' spices

Factory farmed chicken tastes bland, get one that's been reared outside and given decent feed and a nice environment and they taste better

Chickens subject to stress taste bland

Factory farmed chicken tastes bland, get one that's been reared outside and given decent feed and a nice environment and they taste better

Chickens subject to stress taste bland

Word.

Having been brought up on a farm, there is nothing tastier than a corn-fed chicken.

Which is why I can seldom eat the nonsense that passes for 'fowl' today.

Well, done my good deed for the day by giving a crisp fiver to a chap with a cardboard sign saying Homeless Falklands Veteran Please Help. I assume "graciasgringo" is some form of squaddie salutation?

only by people who would never let the Gringo word Falkland sully their lips.......

The rare occasions I give money to beggars, I tell them to treat themselves to a tin of Special Brew- or whatnot. It’s what they’ll do anyway and I can’t stand the sanctimonious twats who hand money over with a list of conditions attached (which will obviously be ignored anyway).

Nothing like the gappy grin of gratitude off a street drinker on a summer’s day, as you hand over a fiver with a cheerful, “Have a litre or two of white lightning on me my good man, and don’t neglect to urinate in the street”.
Gives me a bit of a lift.

I sometimes give them a four pack of cider and a pasty. Saves them mugging some poor twat.

I can't believe I'm making a thread in here but there is a bloke begging in Chester pretending to be ex army.

I have seen him around wearing goretex and webbing but had him down as a loser and never saw him on the scrounge, however he has taken up begging to feed a smack habit and claiming to be ex para/cheshires. So if you should see this bloke while out shopping in my fair city feel free to call him a walty baghead cnut and spit in his face.

I know him.

He's nasty to his dog and brim full of lying sht.