Homeless soldier - URGENT

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Dec 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

I thought we'd managed to get through December without a homeless family etc. Seems I spoke too soon.

We have a lad, ex RTR who is sleeping rough in the doorway of Starbucks in Edinburgh. He's been checked out as genuine and in a pretty shitty way.

I have just begun the process of getting him housed and a roof over his head, but the immediate concern is getting him into some sort of accomodation for a couple of days while this happens.

Apologies for the brevity of this scrounge, obviously time is scarce and lots to be done.

If you have a quid or two you can spare, please chuck it at us, then we can get this lad fed, warm and somewhere to kip.

HSBC - Holidays4heroes
    Sort - 40-12-09
    Acct - 41416081

Sitrep to follow later.

2. Be Wednesday before some cash is sent

3. 20 notes paid. I hope that helps for a start.

4. £25 notes on its way

5. I'll call in at HSBC on my way home....£25 will be on it's way.
    Pass on my Best Wishes to the Lad.

6. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Sitrep:

Managed to find permanent accommodation in Edinburgh from Wednesday next week.

I just need to square away nine days of warm and dry accom.

Thanks for the help so far, please keep it going, I've promised this fella he'll be dry for Chrimbo and I'd feel bad telling him I'd lied :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

£50 on way...

Wordsmith

8. Will fire something your way, when I get off Dii (keeps logging me out bank website)

9. I'm brassic after spoiling my neices with Christmas gifts, and paying the thieving tax man (who told me today that I'm getting a fucking rebate!!). I do however have another bottle of 22 port that you can auction if you like?

10. No time for the auction.....I'll bung £150 in...you "pass the Port" this way.....ok?

• Like Like x 8
  11. Im skint but i have some Cuneo Military prints that you can have for auction. PM me if of any use and i will let you know what ive got.

12. As soon as my WDP hits my account on Wednesday, I'll bung some more your way!..............Please tell me that we're not helping Porridge wogs out now as well! :razz:

13. Inbound via telephone banking shortly

14. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

No mate, he's ex 2RTR - We leaves the jocks out in the cold, heathens :)

One of the regular Arrser's who found him said one of the only things to his name is his Red Army book and a piss wet through jacket and doss bag.