Homeless in the UK

anglo

LE
If you have ever watched Nightmare Tenants Slum Landlords, there is always one eviction where there is zero sympathy for them. Owing thousands in rent, damage and legal fees. Not proper organised squatters - just cnuts who want everything for free and don't care who they get it from. Never engaging with the landlords/landladies, digging their heels in cos they know their rights. Quite funny to see them sloping off, with their bags. There is a small minority of people who deserve to be homeless.

In one episode, there is a cheeky cow was evicted from some posh apartments overlooking the Thames. After owing £££££ and leaving the place in rag order, she had the brass neck to ask for a reference for her new gaff. Ha ha! There probably isn't an official register of problem tenants. I reckon it would be against somebody's human rights. But I'll bet a few landlords and letting agents compare notes among themselves, and have a blacklist of who not to let to.
I did extreme cleaning for a short time, of all the places I've cleaned one stands out,
It was a two-bedroom flat, large lounge, kitchen with a hall way, holes in all the walls and doors,
doors that were still on their hinges that is, all fittings in the kitchen and bathroom had been
broken off their mounts and destroyed, and I mean everything, carpets had been ripped up, electrical fittings
had been removed, meters broken and bypassed, they'd used what was left of bathroom as a shit house,
All sorts of crap had been wiped on all the walls, the whole floor space was about 2 feet
deep in rubbish, I place skips outside one of the windows, I took the place back to bear bones,
used four skips in all. [big freckers]
There's some dirty bastards about,

I did extreme cleaning for a short time, of all the places I've cleaned one stands out,
It was a two-bedroom flat, large lounge, kitchen with a hall way, holes in all the walls and doors,
doors that were still on their hinges that is, all fittings in the kitchen and bathroom had been
broken off their mounts and destroyed, and I mean everything, carpets had been ripped up, electrical fittings
had been removed, meters broken and bypassed, they'd used what was left of bathroom as a shit house,
All sorts of crap had been wiped on all the walls, the whole floor space was about 2 feet
deep in rubbish, I place skips outside one of the windows, I took the place back to bear bones,
used four skips in all. [big freckers]
There's some dirty bastards about,
And you can guarantee that the dirty cúnts who did that will be claiming all sorts of disabilities and ills stopping them from doing a day's honest work.

People like that who not only add nothing of worth to society, but also cost us collectively an arm and a leg should be rendered down for bioffuel.

Cúnts.

anglo

LE
And you can guarantee that the dirty cúnts who did that will be claiming all sorts of disabilities and ills stopping them from doing a day's honest work.

People like that who not only add nothing of worth to society, but also cost us collectively an arm and a leg should be rendered down for bioffuel.

Cúnts.
Mainly, Partakes of drugs, non-working families, occasionally the professional couple,
but the latter are just dirty rather than destructive.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I doubt you could be living rough with no kind of accommodation in the UK unless you wanted it that way or were too far gone to help.

If you took all my money and possessions away and dumped me off at any location I would go to the nearest police station and..

1. Get a place at an emergency night shelter
2. Get on a hostel room waiting list
3. Sign up for benefits
4. Get minimum wage job or cash in hand labouring
5. Save up deposit on shared house room rental
6. Save up deposit on own flat on housing benefit
7. Get training or full time job

I doubt you could be living rough with no kind of accommodation in the UK unless you wanted it that way or were too far gone to help.

If you took all my money and possessions away and dumped me off at any location I would go to the nearest police station and..

3. Sign up for benefits
I read through your list and thought to myself that it looks totally doable but what if the person that is in the street has an addiction (alcohol or drugs)? Then just getting through each day would be a huge struggle....

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs

3. Sign up for benefits
The thing is if you go into supported accommodation, hostel. A minium wage job, if you can get the hours will leave you with a few quid after paying your "rent"

I read through your list and thought to myself that it looks totally doable but what if the person that is in the street has an addiction (alcohol or drugs)? Then just getting through each day would be a huge struggle....
Then they're problem isn't housing its addiction ?

They are not homeless like is being suggested that people are being thrown on the streets by greedy landlords or a lack of housing , the idea that just giving them housing will solve their problems is wrong ?

Then they're problem isn't housing its addiction ?

They are not homeless like is being suggested that people are being thrown on the streets by greedy landlords or a lack of housing , the idea that just giving them housing will solve their problems is wrong ?
Agree with you, yes.

Some fruitcake round my way stripped everything out of his council house and sold it, including the stairs and most of the rafters, he also built a 14 ft Mirror dinghy in the front room that had to be broken up to get it out the door.

One of my Wolvo Punk mates once told me that his landlord hadn't been to collect the rent for a few months. The reason, he later learned was because he was in prison, but did not know what for or how long. Nor did the landlord appoint anybody to collect the rent while he was away. During this period, his number came up for a council flat, so he moved out. He told me years later that he nicked most of the furniture for his new place. One night, his brother was giving him a lift with the settee, and a cop car pulled up. He explained he was moving house and did not have a van. He didn't even have a driving license.

About 10 years ago, he admitted that he had also robbed the meters. When I suggested he should have gone round the other bedsits, claiming that the landlord had appointed him as the new rent collector, he was gutted about missing such a trick. The tower block he moved into was later earmarked for demolition. Fortunately, he now had his Army joining instructions. The council paid him £300 disturbance allowance, and he moved in with his dad for a few weeks, before reporting for basic training.

He later served in Germany, First Gulf War and Northern Ireland, and left after 3 years. He now works in security and married with kids. So now lives a semi-respectable life. The landlord never tracked him down, or got his money.

ExREME.TECH

War Hero

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
If you have ever watched Nightmare Tenants Slum Landlords, there is always one eviction where there is zero sympathy for them. Owing thousands in rent, damage and legal fees. Not proper organised squatters - just cnuts who want everything for free and don't care who they get it from. Never engaging with the landlords/landladies, digging their heels in cos they know their rights. Quite funny to see them sloping off, with their bags. There is a small minority of people who deserve to be homeless.

In one episode, there is a cheeky cow was evicted from some posh apartments overlooking the Thames. After owing £££££ and leaving the place in rag order, she had the brass neck to ask for a reference for her new gaff. Ha ha! There probably isn't an official register of problem tenants. I reckon it would be against somebody's human rights. But I'll bet a few landlords and letting agents compare notes among themselves, and have a blacklist of who not to let to.
No. The exact opposite usually.
A landlord will offer a nightmare tenant a good reference to get rid of them.
Why would a landlord or letting agency want to help their competitors?

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
One of my Wolvo Punk mates once told me that his landlord hadn't been to collect the rent for a few months. The reason, he later learned was because he was in prison, but did not know what for or how long. Nor did the landlord appoint anybody to collect the rent while he was away. During this period, his number came up for a council flat, so he moved out. He told me years later that he nicked most of the furniture for his new place. One night, his brother was giving him a lift with the settee, and a cop car pulled up. He explained he was moving house and did not have a van. He didn't even have a driving license.

About 10 years ago, he admitted that he had also robbed the meters. When I suggested he should have gone round the other bedsits, claiming that the landlord had appointed him as the new rent collector, he was gutted about missing such a trick. The tower block he moved into was later earmarked for demolition. Fortunately, he now had his Army joining instructions. The council paid him £300 disturbance allowance, and he moved in with his dad for a few weeks, before reporting for basic training.

He later served in Germany, First Gulf War and Northern Ireland, and left after 3 years. He now works in security and married with kids. So now lives a semi-respectable life. The landlord never tracked him down, or got his money.
A few years ago, I was talking to a guy from Manchester.
He knew I was invested in property and we got talking about different types of buildings.
He said that in Manchester, a whole estate had pretty much been abandoned. Mostly blocks of council flats.

He described one block of flats about 10 floors high. The drugs were kept on the top floor and the dealers would have a good view to observe any possible police (or rival dealers) approaching. Drug buyers would go to the ground floor flat and hand over the money to someone. Then a signal would be given (by radio*) to the guys with the drugs. They would then drop the drugs down the disused waste disposal shoot.

*This sounded a bit suspect, as I'm not sure how well such civi radios would work in a block of precast concrete flats. Maybe they ran a comms wire up the waste disposal shoot?
(Obviously this was pre mobile phone days).

He also claimed that one or two flats in a neighbouring block had been "knocked through" (ie holes made in the walls to adjoining flats) to create some kind of nightclub. I suspect this was bull s**t as it's bloody hard to knock through the kind of precast concrete these types of tower blocks are made of. Not sure though. He seemed like a druggie type, so who knows.

Last edited:

Latest Threads