Homeless Ex Sevicemen

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Cyclic, Nov 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why? Are many British ex servicemen homeless in America?
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Being a British ex serviceman you wonder how there map reading skills were so bad they ended in the US...didn't they hear of Garmin or Magallen
  3. Hang on, being homeless in sunny Palo Alto, dull Silicon Valley heartland, isn't quiet the same as sleeping out on a piss stained bit of cardboard in wintry London.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. What a load of romanticised shit. All that guy needs to do is stop moping around and get a ******* job.
  5. Does AMMM 'write' for the NYT now? She could employ him as a bodyguard; 'Watch out for a dribble-chinned Ulsterman reeking of skidmarks and Brasso'
    • Like Like x 1
  6. That poor old hobo.

He's homeless, jobless, and living in a hedge. With his space blankets, waterproof clothing, paperback books, writing materials, shaving tackle, laptop and GPS. He has access to one of the largest circulating newspaper on the planet. (NYT online has over 30 million unique visitors a month) You can even follow him via his Twitter account FFS. Life must be a complete bummer.

So Cyclic, I have to agree with you. There can be no doubt his situation is relevant to many British, homeless ex servicemen. Have you ever seen a homeless person? You chopper.

To be honest, I'd rather have a three way, with Big Lee Naples and Ciggie, before I read anymore of that shite.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Have some sense of human suffering.

He's in soul sucking Palo Alto, warmer it may be, but there is no there there. I just hope he gets better and can be pushing a shopping cart round the Tenderloin one day like a proper bum.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. A land and a home fit for hero's my arrse, you'll be lucky to get a free pint bought for you and a pat on the back.

That's about as good as it gets im afraid.

Don't you just love reallity. :salut:
  9. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I was in Afghan in 2008, had a bad nights sleep one time and I'm due to leave in 2013, do I tick all the boxes?
  10. ehwhat

ehwhat Old-Salt Book Reviewer

A very poor article published in a rag of rapidly diminishing importance. Did a very nice job of advancing the real concern of homeless ex service in the US very smartly to the rear. For the moment our system is better than theirs in the advance of the axe wielders. For the moment.
  11. It's a good job we have a welfare state here and council housing and stuff like that really.
  12. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Love it, a big-timing homeless walt!
  13. I'm not sure we've had one before...

Homeless Walt.