• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Homeland Security Advice--"Take scissors to a gunfight"

I suggest that rather than armed guards or permits to carry, one staff member in each school, business or US Postal Service sorting office should be trained in scissor skills.
Start on on something simple like cutting out papermen, then when confident they could progress to intricate Kirigami work.
Then when a nut job with a gun goes Postal while the scissor operator amuses and confounds him/her with his snipping skills other staff, children and or other Postmen/women can make their escape.
Either that or he/she will be the first to be riddled.

Maybe homeland security could spend some of its trillions preventing nutjobs aquirring guns and ammo even our goverments have mostly managed that at least to the extent that schools and health and safety don't worry about nutter with gun scenario.

Maybe homeland security could spend some of its trillions preventing nutjobs aquirring guns and ammo even our goverments have mostly managed that at least to the extent that schools and health and safety don't worry about nutter with gun scenario.
One of you more sensible posts BH--'not sure what that says about you but there it is. ;-) Well done.

I suggest that rather than armed guards or permits to carry, one staff member in each school, business or US Postal Service sorting office should be trained in scissor skills.
Start on on something simple like cutting out papermen, then when confident they could progress to intricate Kirigami work.
Then when a nut job with a gun goes Postal while the scissor operator amuses and confounds him/her with his snipping skills other staff, children and or other Postmen/women can make their escape.
Either that or he/she will be the first to be riddled.
Quite excellent--my fellow denizens of ARRSE (especially in the subterranean NAAFI) are not disappointing me with their astuteness in also seeing the fatal inanity of this idea.

Latest Threads