Homefront on XBL

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BWsamwatt, Mar 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Short and sweet guys, I'm aware the campaign blows, but anyone else really into the online?

Also, how the hell do I fix the beacon error?

Cheers.

2. I can't help, but was wondering if the game is any good? It looks promising

3. In my honest opinion the campaign is seriously lacking, however once you progress a bit online and look past the limited maps it's awesome.

4. I bought it on release day, and took it back the day after. In short;

Campaign: Seriously short, buggy, and lacking in 'Wow' factor.
    Multiplayer: CRAP! It is the most ridiculous thing I've played. Buggy, Glitchy, the physics are impossible, and the lobbies keep freezing. It is nowhere near as smooth or perfect as say MW2 or dare I say it, Black Ops?

I know its not meant to be MW2 or BlOps but its what I've judged it on. Smudge, go to GameSpot is your go-to source for video game news, reviews, and entertainment , search for 'Homefront' and read the reviews mate.

5. Many thanks, will do. Certainly won't be paying full price for it, if buy it at all

6. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I was really looking forward to this, but have given up on the idea now. Too many bad reviews to ignore.

I'll be waiting for LA Noire instead :)

7. It's not meant to be like the CoD franchise, what they've managed to do is bridge the gap between BF and CoD in line with PS3s MAG. With updates the servers will undoubtably become more reliable and less buggy. Please stop tarring all FPS's with the 'Not as good as CoD' brush, Treyarch and IW gave up on the campaign knowing fully well everyone capable of picking up a controller and squeaking down a headset would buy it to play online.

8. Therein lies the problem Sam

MW is the benchmark that FPS are judged like it or not

Also shouldnt games work from the get go considering the costs involved to players rather than having to wait around for it to work properly.
    Its not the first dedicated server game ever is it ?? . I for 1 wont give it any time until its reliable so I can judge it purely on how it plays .

I liked BFBC2 because of the map size and how tactically you could play.

Runners n gunners didnt like it so voted with their feet so to speak

9. As will they did with OF:DR and will with Homefront. I don't mind waiting for my servers, I still remember waiting for a TFC server on 56k. Bad Company still has it's bugs, and in all likelihood always will, it's to be expected running games of 20+ players! I'm still amazed that any large PS3 games work without dedicated servers...

10. Whats been the take up of Homefront in terms of how many online players there are ??.

I do mind waiting as I said Its not new tech they are attempting

There are bits of MW I cant stand which Ive said ad nauseum on other threads but will continue to play as its still the best FPS plus playing in the group I do Its a bloody scream online berating opponents :biggrin:

11. I've got it winging its way to me in the post, via Lovefilm rental.
    Hopefully it will have turned up today, so I'll let you all know how good/shit it is after the weekend.

It will be based on me playing it on the PS3 though.

12. It is just my opinion. Because I haven't played BFBC2 much and don't have a PS3, so therefore can't play Mag, I'm judging the game compared to the other game that I have played.

I'm just saying I prefer CoD: MW2 to Homefront because in my opinion, it is so much better. When I'm paying £40 for a game, I want it to be as good as it can be straightaway. Not having to wait for endless updates.

It was a bit of a joke when I spent THREE hours trying to get a game in Multiplayer. It kept freezing and on other occasions, couldn't find any lobbies.

13. I do agree with it being beyond a joke with the server issues, all large games with new servers have this problem, believe it or not but BF BC2 stole it's initial servers from BF MC2 as they were in decline. Kaos don't have this option so it was always going to suck.
    I'm probably extremely biased towards this game simply because it does lend itself more to tactical gameplay.

14. Well Homefront was there waiting for me when I got home on Friday.
    I've had a go on the single player campaign, which didn't impress me that much. Graphics didn't blow me away, and gameplay was similar to CoD. But I could live with that.

Now the multi player on the other hand, was for me, ******* awful.
    I managed to play one game of death match before the game froze on me at the beginning of the second.
    On Saturday, I waited for 15 minutes to join a game before giving up.

I'm glad I only rented it. Sooooooo disappointing.

This is based on the PS3 version. You xboxers may have a better experiance. I doubt it though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nope. The Xbox360 version was just as bad. :(