Homecoming Parades

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DozyBint, Mar 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know if anyone else would be interested in this, but I think it would be good if people would use this thread to give details of upcoming parades that ARRSErs might like to turn out to. I've seen (after the events) posts about a few homecoming parades that have been relatively local to me and I'd have been happy to have taken a couple of hours out of my day to clap the lads and lasses on their way.

If this is a bone idea, fair one, I'll let the thread fade and die; but given the number of 'interested civvies' on this site and the comments about the public not showing support for the Armed Forces, I thought I probably wasn't the only one, so thought I'd mention it.
  2. I'd turn up to any local to me and have done in the past. I think it's a sound idea but perhaps ought to be a sticky.
  3. It's a shame, but our unit doesn't do home coming parades. We do 12months on Ops, 12months off which includes Very High Readiness to go on possible Ops. As the Regt do 12 months on, by the time we are all back, it's the last thing on there minds, we get ready to go straight onto High Readiness.
  4. Very similar situation to ourselves, to be honest, in some units, the last thing the lads need is to get messed about sorting out parades.

Slightly off topic,

It will be interesting to see what the Armed Forces Day transpires to be like, worthwhile day for the blokes or massive jiff that further alienates the rank and file.....

5. It's understandable, how about a smaller scale parade though?
    Everytime I hear about them, I'm miles away and would dearly like to take the twin Mucus's to show our thanks.
  6. Yep, that is a fair one, 'freedom of the city' type parades are generally bloody good fun, nothing quite like marching with bayonets fixed, wearing ginger drinking suits.

Less messing about if the parade is in Desert CS95, should be with shooters and bayonets though...

(Especially when you see all the doris's dripping in the assembled crowd)

8) Happy Days! 8)
  7. Golf one one, if you had on your ginger drinking suit on, you would look like a fcuking walking carrot with your wig, hardly a minge dripping look! :D :D
  8. Well, at least I dont have to polish my head as well as my medals....... :D
  9. Fair one mate, I surrender..(I normally have a shiney knob as well though)
  10. Windsor on Saturday 26th April, 1st Bn Coldstream Guards Homecoming / Freedom March.
  11. Strangely enough, I feel, no, I know I will be working in Windsor that day :D
  12. I may just join you.
  13. So, any more for any more?!
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

You've just missed 36 regt RE in Maidstone!
  15. Yes, I know, which is what prompted this thread! :)