Homecoming Parades

#1
I don't know if anyone else would be interested in this, but I think it would be good if people would use this thread to give details of upcoming parades that ARRSErs might like to turn out to. I've seen (after the events) posts about a few homecoming parades that have been relatively local to me and I'd have been happy to have taken a couple of hours out of my day to clap the lads and lasses on their way.

If this is a bone idea, fair one, I'll let the thread fade and die; but given the number of 'interested civvies' on this site and the comments about the public not showing support for the Armed Forces, I thought I probably wasn't the only one, so thought I'd mention it.
 
#2
DozyBint said:
I don't know if anyone else would be interested in this, but I think it would be good if people would use this thread to give details of upcoming parades that ARRSErs might like to turn out to. I've seen (after the events) posts about a few homecoming parades that have been relatively local to me and I'd have been happy to have taken a couple of hours out of my day to clap the lads and lasses on their way.

If this is a bone idea, fair one, I'll let the thread fade and die; but given the number of 'interested civvies' on this site and the comments about the public not showing support for the Armed Forces, I thought I probably wasn't the only one, so thought I'd mention it.
I'd turn up to any local to me and have done in the past. I think it's a sound idea but perhaps ought to be a sticky.
 
#3
It's a shame, but our unit doesn't do home coming parades. We do 12months on Ops, 12months off which includes Very High Readiness to go on possible Ops. As the Regt do 12 months on, by the time we are all back, it's the last thing on there minds, we get ready to go straight onto High Readiness.
 
#4
blobmeister said:
It's a shame, but our unit doesn't do home coming parades. We do 12months on Ops, 12months off which includes Very High Readiness to go on possible Ops. As the Regt do 12 months on, by the time we are all back, it's the last thing on there minds, we get ready to go straight onto High Readiness.
Very similar situation to ourselves, to be honest, in some units, the last thing the lads need is to get messed about sorting out parades.

Slightly off topic,

It will be interesting to see what the Armed Forces Day transpires to be like, worthwhile day for the blokes or massive jiff that further alienates the rank and file.....

:wink:
 
#5
Golf_one_one said:
blobmeister said:
It's a shame, but our unit doesn't do home coming parades. We do 12months on Ops, 12months off which includes Very High Readiness to go on possible Ops. As the Regt do 12 months on, by the time we are all back, it's the last thing on there minds, we get ready to go straight onto High Readiness.
Very similar situation to ourselves, to be honest, in some units, the last thing the lads need is to get messed about sorting out parades.

Slightly off topic,

It will be interesting to see what the Armed Forces Day transpires to be like, worthwhile day for the blokes or massive jiff that further alienates the rank and file.....

:wink:

It's understandable, how about a smaller scale parade though?
Everytime I hear about them, I'm miles away and would dearly like to take the twin Mucus's to show our thanks.
 
#6
mucus said:
Golf_one_one said:
blobmeister said:
It's a shame, but our unit doesn't do home coming parades. We do 12months on Ops, 12months off which includes Very High Readiness to go on possible Ops. As the Regt do 12 months on, by the time we are all back, it's the last thing on there minds, we get ready to go straight onto High Readiness.
Very similar situation to ourselves, to be honest, in some units, the last thing the lads need is to get messed about sorting out parades.

Slightly off topic,

It will be interesting to see what the Armed Forces Day transpires to be like, worthwhile day for the blokes or massive jiff that further alienates the rank and file.....

:wink:

It's understandable, how about a smaller scale parade though?
Everytime I hear about them, I'm miles away and would dearly like to take the twin Mucus's to show our thanks.
Yep, that is a fair one, 'freedom of the city' type parades are generally bloody good fun, nothing quite like marching with bayonets fixed, wearing ginger drinking suits.

Less messing about if the parade is in Desert CS95, should be with shooters and bayonets though...

(Especially when you see all the doris's dripping in the assembled crowd)

8) Happy Days! 8)
 
#10
Windsor on Saturday 26th April, 1st Bn Coldstream Guards Homecoming / Freedom March.
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#14
You've just missed 36 regt RE in Maidstone!
 
#16
Jacob1650 said:
Windsor on Saturday 26th April, 1st Bn Coldstream Guards Homecoming / Freedom March.
Any plans for a parade closer to their recruiting area? I'm only 3 miles from Coldstream so getting to Windsor for the day is a hell of a drive :( But would love to give them my support :D

DozyBint - think this is a brilliant idea
 
#17
oldmuso, I did hear a rumour just last week that a few marches in Coldstream recruiting towns are planned. Not sure if it's fact or just a suggestion. I will make some enquiries.
 
#19
In a blatant effort to bump this, Windsor Saturday 26th April. Coldstream Guards Freedom of Windsor Parade.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Goatman Infantry 11
Joker The Intelligence Cell 7
Whiskybreath The Intelligence Cell 1

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top