Home to Duty Travel Allowance

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Gonzo33, Oct 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gonzo33

Gonzo33 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Hi all,

Hubby is away, again, and has asked me to ask you reprobates what the rate is for HDT.

Back story is we should be moving out of qtr's into our final family home in the next month or so. He has nearly 4 years left to rock'n'roll.

He needs to know rate for private vehicle 38.4 miles each way (not sure if you get round trip or not - forgotten what it used to say on armynet).

The awkward one
  2. £9.07 daily, then minus 9 miles personal contribution (2.66), 38.4 rounded down to 38

just doing HDT so good timing
  3. Gonzo33

Thank you very much kind sir (?)
  4. Is that the HDT Automatic rate?
  5. Gonzo33

Just found on Armynet the revised rates, and it is the automatic rate. What is the difference? (excuse my ignorance).
  6. Automatic is paid every day, i.e. 31 days this month, manual is paid only for actual journeys. The automatic rate is lower, as it is based on an assumed number of journeys over the qualifying period, and paid every day regardless of whether a journey is made.
  7. Gonzo33

Thank you for clearing that up. I did think it was something as simple as that, but you never know with the Army do you! If he did go the manual route would he just have to enter it into JPA at the end of the month or something? (I am going to be asked that question!).
  8. Gonzo33

Ignore me. I have just seen the answer on the rates published. Ffs you can shoot me now for asking a bone question if you like.
  9. The answer to your next question is, he is likely to be on the automatic rate, manual is for people who don't make regular journeys.
  10. Gonzo33

Thought that would be the case. Thanks.
  11. Could be old rules, but…….

Are you moving on an assignment order or within 6 months of an assignment order?

If you are moving mid posting you would not be entitled to any allowances because you are electing to move as opposed to being forced to move (new posting). You can start to claim on your next posting.

I’ve known a few people who have fallen foul of this in the past, particularly people who have bought a house and expected disturbance allowance, moving costs, GHP or DHT.

Like I said this rule could have been superseded.
  12. Gonzo33

Moved here in August to SFA, so will be moving to private house within 6 months. We know we're not entitled to DA, etc because this is our final move. There won't be another posting for us because the battalion are due to stay here for at least 16 years and the old man is due out in just shy of 4 years.

Need to move to settle Mstr Gonzo into his permanent secondary school too (otherwise Mr G will leave the army the year before Mstr G leaves secondary).

Oh well, it is what it is.
  13. I believe the personal contribution has been capped at 3 miles in a u-turn on the SDSR...........the 9 miles PC wouldn't have come into force until 1st April 2013 anyway under the original allowance cuts
  14. You are partially right. HDT Public has been capped at 3 miles. HDT Private is 9 miles.
  15. Never understood why the private one is higher.