Home test available within days

All those experiments on prisoners by Dr Mengele in Auschwitz have not been in vain. Only the krauts can come up with something so revolutionary and fast in such a short space of time.

I've already had a home test. I loudly and clearly said to my smart speaker, "Alexa, have I been infected by Coronavirus?". It made a few whirring and buzzing noises and there was a very slight smell of burning.

I'm taking that as a 'no'.

People really should make greater use of the technology that is available to them.

Funbaby

Old-Salt
With stereotypical efficiency, it seems the Boxheeds have found a way of multiplying the effectiveness of their testing regime.
Researchers at the German Red Cross Blood Donor Service in Frankfurt headed by Professor Erhard Seifried, and the Institute for Medical Virology at the University Hospital Frankfurt at Goethe University headed by Professor Sandra Ciesek succeeded in developing a procedure that makes it possible to immediately and dramatically increase worldwide testing capacities for detecting SARS-CoV-2.
Meh. Not new. Used to work for a blood company; we used the same pooling method for HIV and Hep B testing. Saves time and reagents.

Not sure which of the many threads is most relevant for this.

FLIR fever heat screening camera review, presented by the fragrant Naomi Wu.

As there, as yet, have been no vaccines developed for any coronavirus that don't cause enhanced pulmonary pathologies upon subsequent exposure to the live virus, it is more likely to remain unmanaged in a manner similar to that of the common cold, which is also caused by coronaviruses.
I keep seeing this, most common colds are caused by rhinoviruses, though almost a third are indeed coronaviruses.

I keep seeing this, most common colds are caused by rhinoviruses, though almost a third are indeed coronaviruses.
Most common colds are never even tested, so, how would one presume to know which of the more than 200 viruses that cause it, caused it.

Most instances of flu are never tested either.

Now every untested, unconfirmed cold, flu, pneumonia, and gun shot patient that dies for a while will have officially died from Covid-19 complications until the desired effect has been reached.

Most common colds are never even tested, so, how would one presume to know which of the more than 200 viruses that cause it, caused it.

Most instances of flu are never tested either.

Now every untested, unconfirmed cold, flu, pneumonia, and gun shot patient that dies for a while will have officially died from Covid-19 complications until the desired effect has been reached.
I know because I read an article from a reliable source about which viruses cause it, and their figures were based on multiple peer reviewed studies. Approximately 66% rhinoviruses, 33% coronaviruses and 1% other/unclear. They take the figures for the ones that they do test and extrapolate. Same as for every other statistical sample in any article.

I know because I read an article from a reliable source about which viruses cause it, and their figures were based on multiple peer reviewed studies. Approximately 66% rhinoviruses, 33% coronaviruses and 1% other/unclear. They take the figures for the ones that they do test and extrapolate. Same as for every other statistical sample in any article.
Nope. The viruses that cause the cold vary due to region, community reservoirs, temperature, season, and 100,000+ other reasons, as well as personal immunodeficiency or immunity. You do not get a picture of anything close to accurate by extrapolating numbers of a local study of 50 by a grad student to global numbers by direct multiplication, or by meta studies of dozens, or even hundreds, of those peer endorsed ill designed over simplifications. In fact, I would wager you would only actually find papers and articles describing estimated ranges over different parameters on such data if they are trying at all to be serious.

Example:
More than 200 different types of viruses are known to cause the common cold, with rhinovirus causing approximately 30%-40% of all adult colds. Rhinovirus multiplies best at temperatures found in the nose. Rhinovirus infection rates peak from September to November and March to May. Nevertheless, rhinovirus may cause disease at any time of year. During peak periods, up to 80% of colds may be due to rhinovirus.

Other commonly implicated viruses include coronavirus, adenovirus, respiratory syncytial virus, and parainfluenza virus. Because so many different viruses can cause the common cold, and because new cold viruses constantly develop, the body never builds up resistance against all of them. For this reason, colds are a frequent and recurring problem. In fact, children in preschool and elementary school can have six to 12 colds per year while adolescents and adults typically have two to four colds per year. The common cold occurs most frequently during the fall, winter, and spring.
---

The world barely notices the deaths every year by "flu" and generally any deaths by "the common cold" which never gets any real interest, will be lumped into the "flu" numbers.

And now the world is ending by hyping on a particularly strong new strain of "the cold" with all unverified, seemingly viral, cases of everything being attributed to it.

More on testing buffoonery. At least it's giving some of the airlines something to do!

'Tens of thousands of coronavirus tests have reportedly been flown to the US for processing due to problems with British labs.

'The Sunday Telegraph has revealed that 50,000 samples were dispatched across the Atlantic in secret earlier this week by chartered flight. It comes as the UK struggles to keep up with Health Secretary Matt Hancock's promise to carry out 100,000 coronavirus tests a day - widely seen as vital if the nation is to prevent a deadly second wave of infections as it comes out of lockdown.

'A Department for Health source told the paper the test results will be validated in the UK, and "will be returned to patients as quickly as possible". It is thought that the samples are being examined at a university lab in the south of the US.'

Chef

LE
Not sure which of the many threads is most relevant for this.

FLIR fever heat screening camera review, presented by the fragrant Naomi Wu.

I didn't bother watching to the end, she is rather distracting. Is she actually worth regarding as anything more than a 'Look at me' bird with a new schtick?

Actually don't bother.

Different mutations exist. Just had the degs in for CV booster shots for a version that affects the gut.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Different mutations exist. Just had the degs in for CV booster shots for a version that affects the gut.
influenza and covids can all effect the gut, if you are infected orally which is why you get gastric flu and the cramps/shits instead of a chest infection. you can also catch it both ways at the same time which is why symptoms can vary so much as it hits you top and bottom so to speak.

Covids are big enough to past right through and survive the gut, in primary schools faecal oral is main cause of infection. same for Degs too I guess.

Going by Little Man's breath the last couple of days, your guess would be right on the money.

Latest Threads